5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler

CanadianRam19

Reaction score
Could someone recommend a nice throaty muffler, my super 10 flowmaster isn't all that what it use to be on my mustang's...
I would like a muffler that rumbles not only when you start it ,but every gear and at a stop light..
Also should I leave the resonators on or not ?
Thanks

Fuzznutz

Reaction score

Full exhaust system vs Muffler swap.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Fuzznutz

Reaction score

Truck virgin | How do I make her loud?

mcp6530

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the flowmaster 50 delta with the pro series? looks like the pro will provide a bit more sound without going into the 40's and the drone issues.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like a muffler that rumbles not only when you start it ,but every gear and at a stop light..
If you want noise/rumble all the time you might want to consider deleting the muffler instead of replacing it.

If that's not an option, and drone is not a concern, then there are plenty of options out there for a direct-fit or replacement muffler. Rule of thumb is the shorter the muffler the louder the exhaust.

There are too many options to list (Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Carven, Borla, B2 Fabrication) that make direct-fit stuff let alone mufflers you can have a shop install. Got Exhaust (www.gotexhaust.com) is a sponsor here and has a lot of options.

My recommendation is to read up and find some options you are interested in then cruise over to Youtube and search for some of those. There should be plenty of videos of people showing off their new mufflers. Many websites have videos as well showing the difference with their exhausts.

Watching videos isn't the same thing as being there but it's as close as you're going to get to find what you want without having a buddy's truck to listen to or just taking a blind leap of faith that you've found your rumble box.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Flowmaster Outlaw, 60s muscle car sound all the time except when cruising at a constant throttle, then it's quiet when you want it. Rumble when you want it.

I've owned a lot of cars and trucks with aftermarket exhaust, I've never gotten so many compliments on the sound of one than I do with my RAM with an Outlaw. This is with all of my resonators in place.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
That is with resonators still intact^^^^

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
how bad is the drone?
I don't personally think it's bad at all, but as I said in the other post, I'm coming from 15 years of owning straight piped diesels. It is worse when mds kicks on, but that's simple to turn off. I think people say towing with the outlaw has a good amount of drone, and I can see that. But I'm not towing much, so non issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread