5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler replace

16RamHemi

Reaction score
I love the sound of the borla s type on these trucks. Obviously a decent investment into a catback but definitely high quality. What are the pros and cons of going catback vs say just the proxs (borla) muffler, aside from cost savings?

Zebber

Reaction score
Ordered my Flowmaster fx muffler kit today with the 15% deal, came to $245.00 with free 3 day shipping. After spending $45000.00 on a truck really didn't want to spend another $900.00 on an exhaust right now so this is the cheapy option for now. Sounds good on the sound clips I have heard. I had flowmaster 50 series true dual exhaust on my 09 TRX I traded in and it was just right, good deep tone but not too loud. I should have it by Friday so we'll see. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Zebber - thank you, great Christmas to you. Keep us informed and possible vids if can. I’m interested, andsure others in that muffler set up. Let us know your thoughts

Zebber

Reaction score
@Zebber - thank you, great Christmas to you. Keep us informed and possible vids if can. I’m interested, andsure others in that muffler set up. Let us know your thoughts
Will do. Anxious to get it on and hear it.

Zebber

Reaction score
Well, got the exhaust on. Sounds pretty good I think. Took about 30 minutes to install it. Took a video but can't figure out to attach it.
do have a picture of it installed though. IMG_0065.JPG

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How does it sound in person? Any drone? Always hard to tell with videos.

Zebber

Reaction score
To me it's just right,, not too loud , not too quiet. I don't notice any drone at all. My 09 Ram I traded in on the Rebel had a Flowmaster 50 series and it had a drone at highway speeds.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, so you've had both?

Can I ask a bazillion questions, boiled down into 4??
1) which system is louder.
2) how is the borla's coldstart in cold weather? How does the MFs compare - initial impression?
3) how would you describe them sound wise?
Ex: the MF is more ____, the borla is more _____
4) lets say money was no object, which wouls you get?

i went with borla "Atak"but thats just me(IMHO)

Users who are viewing this thread