5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler options

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Trying to decide what’s best if anyone has any experience. I’ve always used magnaflow with my cars but I’m open to try something different. I’m looking for a moderate tone not to **** the neighbors off but most importantly I want as little drone as possible. I’m ok with hearing exhaust but i want to be comfortable on a long trip.
b51415fe47f026617b10c7826984f1e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ny2az

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Limited ...went with flowmaster super 50 #53057... sound great ... has a nice low growl when starting or accelerating ... you know its there ... but quickly quiets down when your cruising ... no drone at all at any speed ... ... l think its perfect but then again l also think l would have liked the 70 series to be a little quieter at start up ... l personnally was just looking for a little more deep tone sound then stock ...

Last edited:

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Limited ...went with flowmaster super 50 #53057... sound great ... has a nice low growl when starting or accelerating ... you know its there ... but quickly quiets down when your cruising ... no drone at all at any speed ... ... l think its perfect but then again l also think l would have like the 70 series to be a little quieter at start up ... l personnally was just looking for a little more deep tone sound then stock ...

I feel the same way, I just want a slightly deeper tone. I might play it safe and go with the 70 series.

ny2az

Reaction score
I feel the same way, I just want a slightly deeper tone. I might play it safe and go with the 70 series.

if you want just a slightly deeper tone ... go with the 70 series ... at start up it will be a deeper sound than stock and a mild deeper sound across the rpm range ... all with no drone at all ...lm happy with the super 50, good sound level ... very livable with no drone at all as well ... :)

what l like about flowmaster ... no packing ... the way it sounds stays the same thruout its life span ... the magnaflow on the other hand has packing and as it ages the packing wears away and the sound changes thruout it life span ... this is what l have read from reviews ...

whichever muffler brand you go with ... see if the offset in / offset out is available ... easier install...

Last edited:

Bubba33

Reaction score
Any little round muffler is going to be loud and drone . Im going to go with the direct fit flowmaster

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
if you want just a slightly deeper tone ... go with the 70 series ... at start up it will be a deeper sound than stock and a mild deeper sound across the rpm range ... all with no drone at all ...lm happy with the super 50, good sound level ... very livable with no drone at all as well ... :)

what l like about flowmaster ... no packing ... the way it sounds stays the same thruout its life span ... the magnaflow on the other hand has packing and as it ages the packing wears away and the sound changes thruout it life span ... this is what l have read from reviews ...

in any case whichever muffler you go with ... offset in / offset out ...

You’re right I’m most likely going to get the 70.
I was going to get a center in / offset out. You don’t think that setup will work?

Do you have any exhaust clips?

ny2az

Reaction score
sry ... no exhaust clips ...
the stock muffler is a offset in / offset out ... so buying the same offsets will make the install easier... no worries ... center in offset out is not bad and will work as well...
offset in and offset out is only available on the super 50 ... so for the 70 series its center in / offset out #53072...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GearHeadJoe

Reaction score
First 24 hrs after I got the truck home, I went down to parts store got the ole trusty SuperFlow40 2chamber $88 bucks , cut off the orig junkcan, and keep the resonators.. perfect not too loud, not to quiet for my taste . I may take off resonators down the line if I go with custom Black tips. I will put up a clip on my youtube.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is what I installed on my daughter's Rebel, and plan to install on mine...

Not really much louder than stock when idling, but lets you know you have a V8 when you press the go pedal. Absolutely zero droning at highway speeds, unlike the Carven I had on my 2017.

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I have the Borla XR1 on my truck and I think it’s pretty tame. I leave early in the morning for work so I didn’t want anything too obnoxious and my wife reported that she can’t hear me leave.

Overall, I would say that it gave a nice increase in volume and I experience no drone (left the stock resonators on). I do plan on removing the resonators later down the line to get more sound out of it.

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
18 inch magnaflow resonator delete

The 18” muffler with the resonator is exactly what I’m looking for. Will be doing this tomorrow.
Is it a offset/offset or a offset/center muffler?

Users who are viewing this thread