5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler options

ny2az

Reaction score
The 18” muffler with the resonator is exactly what I’m looking for. Will be doing this tomorrow.
Is it a offset/offset or a offset/center muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the stock muffler is offset in / offset out ... this will work best ... center in / offset out will also work ...

Wheeler

Reaction score
The 18” muffler with the resonator is exactly what I’m looking for. Will be doing this tomorrow.
Is it a offset/offset or a offset/center muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember right it is center /offset

YellowSled

Reaction score
Wanna keep the stock pipes and black tips. Is there a direct fit Borla muffler (only) type-s replacement that will work on the 2020?

Gumpa

Reaction score
I think they were using Borla ProXS 40359. Search for that on this forum and you'll find the guy that used it.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today out of curiosity I got out and measured the muffler on the Magnaflow full exhaust system (19430 with the black tips)
It's 22inches long

Overall the system is pretty mellow and tame! Get on it and you can hear it. It sorta hits a volume ceiling and stays there.
I really think from a sound level standpoint the magnaflow system hits a sweet spot for people who want to actually hear their hemi, without waking the neighbors or upsetting the wife.

People who haven't heard a stock setup before or know how quiet the 5th gen stock system is, are surprised to learn that it's not the stock system because the volume level is far from the ballpark of straightpipes (not that there's anything wrong with guys who like a straight pipe!)

Wheeler

Reaction score
Just got Borla S type cat back installed last week exhaust notes are sweet but too loud for me. Ordered 12 inch resonator to tame it down hope it work.
I really liked 18 inch magnaflow reso delete for volume. But nothing beat Borla exhaust notes.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got Borla S type cat back installed last week exhaust notes are sweet but too loud for me. Ordered 12 inch resonator to tame it down hope it work.
I really liked 18 inch magnaflow reso delete for volume. But nothing beat Borla exhaust notes.

I agree with you honestly. The Borla system sounds so good, note wise. Just sounds proper and perfect.
But it wasn't out when I ordered mine!
god willing I'll still have this truck in 10 years, and at some point I'll be leaving the house early and (hopefully) not waking up a wife.
For that, I think magnaflow's system with its 22in muffler might be the best.
Though I would LOVE to hear a Borla touring side by side

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I took some video of my magnaflow system, I'd love to upload some video for guys to listen and decide - where should I upload it guys?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Here is few clips Magnaflow with resonator second magnaflow without resonator and Borla s type.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Borla proXS 40353. Perfect for me. Great sound, not loud at all and zero drone.
I have the same setup as you. Did you keep the resonators on? I kept mine with weep holes plugged, but I am curious if I would like it more be without them or if it would reach that too loud/obnoxious level.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same setup as you. Did you keep the resonators on? I kept mine with weep holes plugged, but I am curious if I would like it more be without them or if it would reach that too loud/obnoxious level.
All the resonators are still in place and I plugged the weep holes as well.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I did install afe resonator next to stock resonator already in place. Exhaust notes are still there much cleaner and little quieter. Very happy with the outcome. IMG_20200825_082918.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went with Carven TR muffler off Amazon for $80 or $90, can’t remember. Wish they had offer this muffler in a direct fit option but found a good shop to weld it in. View attachment 46902

You did it the right away, my service manager said they prefer welded aftermarket mufflers instead of direct fit, which have clamps that can get loose over time.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
You did it the right away, my service manager said they prefer welded aftermarket mufflers instead of direct fit, which have clamps that can get loose over time.

Thanks, very happy with the muffler and the no hassle of tightening clamps down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread