5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler / Exhaust

kmck94

Reaction score
Borla Pro-XS
I really like it. Has no drone with MDS. I took the resonators off because I hated that air sound from them.

Is the in cabin noise/drone doable being a daily driver? I wan't rumble but don't want it to be annoying.

Larsen979

Reaction score
Anyone interested in buying a carven muffler it was too loud for my taste?

Cmoar

Reaction score
Is the in cabin noise/drone doable being a daily driver? I wan't rumble but don't want it to be annoying.

So with the resonators you can’t hear it at all unless you get on the gas. I personally can’t stand that “air leaking” noise from them.

With them off you can hear it at 2k rpm (typically as you getting to speed from a stop), but once it shifts into 8th and drops to 18-1500 rpm cruising speed you can barely hear it. If I’m being completely honest, my ridge grapplers make more noise than the MDS.

dragon285

Reaction score
How loud is it in the truck? I just don't want it to be unbearable for the couple hour road trips.

Not loud at all...I had my mother n law and wife in the back with my kids, and they were talking with no problem. Even when i put the windows down its ok. The exhaust is loud but i feel that the cabin is insulated well enough where it doesn't affect the noise level inside the cabin. If you look at my video while i'm driving you can hear the levels. Enjoy!!

C Ropp

Reaction score
Borla S muffler swap and plugged the weep holes in the resonators with JB weld. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the resonators to rust now but could not have it sounding like it had an exhaust leak.
After a few years of having the weep holes plugged, have you had any issues with moisture or excessive rusting

Users who are viewing this thread