5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler / Exhaust

Odis814

Reaction score
Has anyone changed out their muffler? If so can we see some videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMREB

Reaction score
I was thinking about purchasing just the muffler used in the above post which is a Flowmaster PN: 71229 and making my own installation kit. I have a small MIG welder. I think the above kit could probably be duplicated for about $100

Lettika

Reaction score
Borla S muffler swap and plugged the weep holes in the resonators with JB weld. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the resonators to rust now but could not have it sounding like it had an exhaust leak.

Odis814

Reaction score
Borla S muffler swap and plugged the weep holes in the resonators with JB weld. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the resonators to rust now but could not have it sounding like it had an exhaust leak.

Any video?

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
There are some nice discussions on muffers & catbacks on the mod pages. I just purchased a magnaflow MF catback Friday.

Odis814

Reaction score
There are some nice discussions on muffers & catbacks on the mod pages. I just purchased a magnaflow MF catback Friday.

What’s the mods page called?

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Super 40 with a Resonator Delete, I'll get my GoPro out of my Motorcycle bag tomorrow and Get a video together for y'all if you want, Cold Start, Idle, Rev, Drive-by and Internal Driving as well if you want.

Edit: Resonator, Not Exhaust Delete, D'OH

Odis814

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Super 40 with an Exhaust Delete, I'll get my GoPro out of my Motorcycle bag tomorrow and Get a video together for y'all if you want, Cold Start, Idle, Rev, Drive-by and Internal Driving as well if you want.

This is what I’m leaning towards.

RAMREB

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Super 40 with a Resonator Delete, I'll get my GoPro out of my Motorcycle bag tomorrow and Get a video together for y'all if you want, Cold Start, Idle, Rev, Drive-by and Internal Driving as well if you want.

Edit: Resonator, Not Exhaust Delete, D'OH
Did you modify the exhaust yourself? Could you post a few pictures of how you mounted the muffler, and fabbed in the resonator delete pipes? I have seen plenty of threads on here with bolt on kits but not so many with DIY exhaust setups.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Did you modify the exhaust yourself? Could you post a few pictures of how you mounted the muffler, and fabbed in the resonator delete pipes? I have seen plenty of threads on here with bolt on kits but not so many with DIY exhaust setups.

myself?! God no, I haven't the skill, A local Exhaust shop did the work for $160 that's install with the Muffler and the Resonator delete, I'll get pictures of that as well.

runninram

Reaction score
...good mornin', Brother, I ordered the magna flow #19430 last week, got mine for $649 with free shipping, how'd U do?

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Here you guys go, First video is Driving away,

The second video is today, The first half is with the windows down, then I roll the windows up, Then put on some music, then all the windows and back window open, to give you some idea of Cabin sound.

Also my Go Pro's Clock is 6 hours fast i just realized lol

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
...good mornin', Brother, I ordered the magna flow #19430 last week, got mine for $649 with free shipping, how'd U do?

$ 662.42 bought it Friday with 20%. Will be 1st of the year before I get it installed though:(

Odis814

Reaction score
Here you guys go, First video is Driving away,

The second video is today, The first half is with the windows down, then I roll the windows up, Then put on some music, then all the windows and back window open, to give you some idea of Cabin sound.

Also my Go Pro's Clock is 6 hours fast i just realized lol

Sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread