5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flap-Spat question... not sure of the actual name

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm curious if Mopaaaahhh (thats how we say it in Boston) -or any aftermarket companies for that matter, make a (bear with me here) "rear wheel well front edge spat." Idk if that is the correct terminology for the mini mud flap at the front end of the rear wheel well... I haven't noticed any, and the Goog has not turned up anything as of yet. Now, forgive the obscenities that follow, but these are pics of specifically what I am talking about from my GM[ S!err@ - (hope that gets by the cuss word filter :ROFLMAO: ) The part circled in red. But these were a stock thing on this truck AND my old +undr@ :LOL: so i was wondering if there's such a thing for our 5th Gens (specifically Rebels) that anyone knows about.

IMG_8215.jpg IMG_8214.jpg

At first i thought they looked kinda dumb and took them off of the +undr@ and then realized they actually did something... so I put em back on and got used to the look... Not the end of the world, but I'd like something like that on my Rebel if it exists and is form fitted like these (similar to the Weather techs/Husky liner flaps) and doesn't require removing anything.

Thanks for any info anyone might have.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those are for aerodynamics to break the air around the rear tires. I see Ford has them now too, have not scene any on a Ram yet.
Right, I have not either, but also when you're having a bit of mud fun and you reverse they keep a surprising amount of reverse rooster tail off the doors hahah. Same for snow slush and stone shenanigans. Again this was surprising and only noticed by comparing with them on and off.

41magmag41

Reaction score
weather tech has mud flaps that slide right around those and they take about 10 mins to put on.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
weather tech has mud flaps that slide right around those and they take about 10 mins to put on.
Nah not these. They have the traditional mud flaps at the back of both wheel housings, but not the spats at the front of the rear ones.

I can see that we get teeny "mud flaps" circled in red in this pic. But we also get a super tiny spat.. circled in green... Ii just can't find a part number to see if there's any alternative. and I'm talking only about the one in green... i have the Weather Tech molded flaps for the normal mud flap spots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 1.11.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 1.11.47 PM.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ha! found them hahaha... looks like the term is

"SPAT. Box Side. Front. Right and Left"​

68349571AA - Left
68349570AA - Right

Now i can at least point to the right part when i start asking about these haha.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm curious if Mopaaaahhh (thats how we say it in Boston) -or any aftermarket companies for that matter, make a (bear with me here) "rear wheel well front edge spat." Idk if that is the correct terminology for the mini mud flap at the front end of the rear wheel well... I haven't noticed any, and the Goog has not turned up anything as of yet. Now, forgive the obscenities that follow, but these are pics of specifically what I am talking about from my GM[ S!err@ - (hope that gets by the cuss word filter :ROFLMAO: ) The part circled in red. But these were a stock thing on this truck AND my old +undr@ :LOL: so i was wondering if there's such a thing for our 5th Gens (specifically Rebels) that anyone knows about.

View attachment 121882 View attachment 121883

At first i thought they looked kinda dumb and took them off of the +undr@ and then realized they actually did something... so I put em back on and got used to the look... Not the end of the world, but I'd like something like that on my Rebel if it exists and is form fitted like these (similar to the Weather techs/Husky liner flaps) and doesn't require removing anything.

Thanks for any info anyone might have.
I love it when I get a layover in Boston and our limo driver is a native Bostonian. It's very entertaining listening to them talk. :LOL:

I've never seen those forward deflectors on any truck, but you can bet I'll be looking for them now. What is the deal with GM trucks and their gigantic, square wheel wells? Don't they realize we've had round wheels since the 4th millennium BC? :confused:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love it when I get a layover in Boston and our limo driver is a native Bostonian. It's very entertaining listening to them talk. :LOL:
i feel like i just got "you people'd" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I've never seen those forward deflectors on any truck, but you can bet I'll be looking for them now. What is the deal with GM trucks and their gigantic, square wheel wells? Don't they realize we've had round wheels since the 4th millennium BC? :confused:

Yeah not sure what their deal is... haha
they went from this |--|
to this /--|
and now to this /--\

Users who are viewing this thread