5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flap recommendation?

truckytucky

Reaction score
Hey all I just bought my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on mud flaps. I would prefer ones that didn't require drilling. Also, I have the wheel to wheel side steps. Thanks in advance!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the MOPAR ones and I like them. Some people complain that they will retain mud and stuff because of the design, but mine have been on for 8 months and I have not had that problem. They fit perfectly and look like they belong on the truck.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weather Tech hands down. $80 for all 4. Comes with 3M PPF for the fender flairs, goes on in less than 30 mins for all 4. I’ve had them on for the last 2500 miles and paired with my Mopar Matte Black Running Boards I get zero spray on the truck. I live in Boca Raton, FL and it rains quite a bit. Even on the highway I get zero spray on my Black truck. I am beyond happy.

79 300

Reaction score
Another vote for Weather Tech here.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone put mud flaps on the 2019 Rebel?
Yep. You might check out existing threads for lots of commentary, including Rebels, e.g.:

(You'll find these and more with a search for "mud flaps")

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone put mud flaps on the 2019 Rebel?

I have the Mopar ones on my Rebel and I’m very happy. I wound up using a screw on the bottom to secure it better. I don’t remember seeing that in the instructions but I went back and used a screw in the bottom hole into the trim and it secures the mud flap much better. The Mopar ones do tend to hold water and stuff. I drilled a drain hole into the bottom of each one and that seems to have fixed the problem. It might clog up in the future and need to be cleaned. I’ll have to keep an eye on it. But I like the look and function of the Mopar ones

Last edited:

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
Weather Tech hands down. $80 for all 4. Comes with 3M PPF for the fender flairs, goes on in less than 30 mins for all 4. I’ve had them on for the last 2500 miles and paired with my Mopar Matte Black Running Boards I get zero spray on the truck. I live in Boca Raton, FL and it rains quite a bit. Even on the highway I get zero spray on my Black truck. I am beyond happy.

Do you have a link to where you purchased them? I've looked on Amazon and only see them up to 2018. I have the flares as well and hear good things about the Weather Tech Mud Flaps.

Users who are viewing this thread