5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPG after 10,000 miles Rebel 4x4 with eTorque and 3.92 diff

SacRebel

Reaction score
After 17-months my truck hit the 10,000 mile mark today. Ya I know, it doesn't get driven much, especially lately.

I wanted to share my real world mileage, more so for those in the market for this truck and want to know what to expect. I never reset the Trip B gauge and after 10,000 miles it got 13 mpg, which is a far cry from the 22/19/17 stated on the window sticker. This is with me driving fairly conservatively with about 70% being city driving without hauling or towing anything.

I started using an iPhone app to track the mileage at the 7,000 mile mark. For the last 3,000 miles it came in at 13.2 mpg. So the lifetime and hand calculation appears to be pretty close to each other. I will say this is a slight improvement over the 12 mpg it was getting at the 3,000 mile mark.

Now RAM states the start/stop feature of the eTorque improves the gas mileage by 10%. So if you take that into account that raises the gas mileage to 14.3 mpg lifetime. I reset my Trip B today and will see if the mileage improves over the next 10,000 miles.

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Just so you know the MPG that’s on the sticker is 89 octane non ethanol gas..if your running up to 10% ethanol gas it will be lower..until the EPA starts doing it with ethanol gas you going to get screwed up mpg numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuppedup

Reaction score
What app are you using to track miles driven? I can’t seem to find one that is accurate

TX_Phil

Reaction score
So my Ram 1500 is 9 months old with 8500 miles. It has the non-eTorque hemi, 4x4 with 3.92 gears 33 gal tank and the Lonestar L2 trim. My life time mpg is showing 18.7. My driving is about 50/50 city/hwy but it's all in and around Houston so even hwy can be stop & go I typically fill up att the 1/2 tank mark and I alternate between regular 87 octane and 93 octane.

I don't know if mixing octane makes any difference but it feel like it runs bettrr, pulls harder than with straight 87 octane . I am old so I don't hotrod much and I am easy on the brakes. Maybe that is what helps the most, driving style?

At the end of the day it's a 1/2 ton 4x4 with a hemi. I never expected much over 15 so I feel pretty lucky with 18+.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread