5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies for long trips

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a way to play movies for the kiddos on the Uconnect screen for some time... I tried jailbreaking an old iPhone and loaded it with carbridge which worked fine for downloaded movies but it was clunky to use and you couldn’t stream anything (Netflix, prime, Disney blocked it somehow) so ultimately it was a hassle. Other options such as DVD players and screens in the back seat were $$$.

And then a friend suggest this.... a simple suction cup magnetic mount to a flat surface to hold an iPad and I saw another member here had done the same.... so I tried it and I attached it to my sunroof and connected it to the stereo via Bluetooth for long trips and it works phenomenally well. The kiddos couldn’t be happier..... the trucks 4g connection is way slower than my phone LTE connection so I stream through that. Done !!! so if you’re looking for a cheap easy fix here it is.... enjoy. 285FB667-4C5B-475B-8AAD-D6EC38FD3454.jpeg 2B771F6D-BE02-4BD4-8B38-23D5C0975F6D.jpeg

C0ps

Reaction score
Glad it's working for you, I would be to nervous and waiting for the moment the suction gives up and comes crashing down causing damage. I'm OCD so any kind of damage and I'll have to go buy a new truck lmao.

djjr50

Reaction score

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I Bought this awhile back for my wife's Ford Flex and it's great!

Also, try that slot in between the cup holders as mentioned above. I havent used mine yet.
iPad won’t fit in the slot with the case on. I’ve tried, plus the kiddos seem to be uncomfortable Looking down at the screen in the middle As opposed to looking a little up. Thanks for the link.

djjr50

Reaction score
iPad won’t fit in the slot with the case on. I’ve tried, plus the kiddos seem to be uncomfortable Looking down at the screen in the middle As opposed to looking a little up. Thanks for the link.
Good point. Thought Apple was making everything thinner but those cases...ha!

Users who are viewing this thread