5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Problems

Jdtoney13

Reaction score
Well here I am back again, my 2019 Ram is still shocking me and noone will help me i have been fighting this for a year and the dealership nor the manufacturer will do anything about it. I have a heart condition and they say well you bought it so its yours. I hope noone else is having this problem cause you will not get any help. I have so many stories and even videos of the dealership caught in lies. So far several ppl at the dealership have seen my truck shocking me. I even tried to trade it in and the dealership said its only worth 27k and I said I just bought it from here and the sticker on it was 52k . And the person I spoke with from the manufacturer laughed at me. I wonder what they will say when I get shocked jerk the steering wheel and get in a bad accident and someone gets hurt. Im at the dealership again and the advisor came to me and said what do you expect us to do..i wanted to cry.

Maconi

Reaction score
I've noticed mine shocks me sometimes when I go to get out of the truck, lock the door with the interior button, and step on the power running board. I just always assumed it was static.

STR

Reaction score
I know static electricity in vehicles is obviously a known concern, particularly when filling up at a gas station, hence, the posted warnings, but this is the first time that I’ve read where it’s possibly affecting someone’s health. Curious, can you provide further information? Does this only happen when entering and exiting the truck? While seated and driving? Both? I doubt that this has anything to do with it, but when I was installing an exhaust system, I noticed a ground wire that was attached to the exhaust hanger. Perhaps that wire is disconnected... Maybe the battery or alternator is not properly grounded, but then you’d have electronic issues. Do you have the eTorque engine... maybe it’s related to the additional load. It’s certainly an unusual situation. Hopefully you’ll find the source and get it remedied.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we really need more details to be any help. Assuming he's not complaining about static electricity, it likely has nothing to do with either the 12v system or the 48v system it it's an etorque. Humans have too much resistance to even feel anything at those low DC voltage levels. My guess would be that it has something to do with the AC voltage system from the power inverter. But again, the OP hasn't provided enough details to make any guesses beyond what's been posted.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wild stab in the dark, a conductive strap that hangs from the frame and touches the ground might be in order. Modern tires are not as conductive as they used to be (more silicone than rubber) and as such static can be allowed to build up. I had a pair of sneakers that I tossed in the trash for this reason, got zapped every time I wore them. What tires are you on? Wearing sneakers with silicone based soles?

Rhombus

Reaction score
Lots of people on here that are willing to try and help, but we really need some details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/