5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar will 'give' me $5000 if I cancel my extended warranty

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Lifetime Powertrain on my 2008 Bighorn.

They would not cover the Front Hubs even though a Drive axle went thru them for the 4X4.
Then they voided the Warranty when the Trans went out.
Part of the warranty was you had to bring in the truck for inspection every 5 years. I did the second
inspection and it passed, but in the fine print it said that it has to be brought in within 60 days of the
"In-Service" date. I brought it in about 6 weeks after this time frame, so I was Canceled.

The dealer then wanted $1400 to do the Servo Valves and Valve Body. I got the Parts on Ebay
with filters and gaskets for $400. Another $100 in fluid, and 2 Hours of my time, I did it myself.

The dealer also quoted my a few thousand more for other stuff they said I needed. Brakes, Shocks,
and Struts, etc. I did them all myself for Pennies on the Dollar.

There is a Video I saw that an F150's Tailights let water in and corroded the wiring and stuff. It was not covered
under warranty. The final bill for the two Taillights, Blind Spot Sensors, other hardware to do the job, and
2 hours of Diagnostic Tech time, came to $5600.

Malodave

n8zcc

Reaction score
I had a Lifetime Powertrain on my 2008 Bighorn.

Part of the warranty was you had to bring in the truck for inspection every 5 years.
They did away with that requirement albeit I'm not sure why. I didn't have that requirement with my LSA on my 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread