5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan - $25 over Dealer Cost!--NOW OFFERING PAYMENT PLANS ONLINE!!

U

User_3336

Any dealer can sell a Mopar ESP to a FLA resident if they are licensed in the state of FLA to do so.
However, it can't be discounted.

Quoted "In Florida Extended Warranties are considered Insurance and it is regulated. All warranties sold in FL must be sold at MSRP and can not be more or less. Everyone gets the same price."

And to add to is, Quoted "You also have to have a 2-53 License to sell them. An out of state dealer isn't going to go through the trouble of getting that license. Larger nationwide Service Contract providers/sellers will however."

Also, there is The 2016 Florida Statutes Title XXXVII INSURANCE Chapter 634.

I'd be VERY leary/suspicious of a an online dealer selling a extended warranty at a discounted price to a resident in FLA. This practice might be subject to audit of the dealership selling it, and it might possibly result in a cancellation of the esp purchase.

Tread lightly on this.

Wondering the same.
GregHBNA said:
Can a Mopar Max Care be sold to a Florida resident at a discounted price?

Last edited by a moderator:

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
It can't be discounted for FL residents, however the price of the vehicle can. You can negotiate with the dealership to further reduce the price of the truck to offset the cost of the extended warranty, but this can only be done at the time of purchase.
This is a win-win for both parties and most dealers will happily take that deal over selling you just the vehicle at a heavy discounted price.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

It can't be discounted for FL residents, however the price of the vehicle can. You can negotiate with the dealership to further reduce the price of the truck to offset the cost of the extended warranty, but this can only be done at the time of purchase.
This is a win-win for both parties and most dealers will happily take that deal over selling you just the vehicle at a heavy discounted price.
Depends on the dealer if they want to represent that on the sales contract in that form. You'd still have to a license from the state of FLA to sell to FLA residents (if you were an out of state retailer selling to a FLA resident).

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

I wanted to hop on here to let you know we are still offering ⭐️Mopar Vehicle Protection plans for $50 over our dealer cost!⭐

Also, the 2023 Ram order banks are still open and we are still offering ❗️4% under invoice price!❗

🤩See below for one of our customer's sharp Ram 3500 that arrived!🤩
thumbnail_IMG_4677.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4676.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4675.jpg

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

⭐We are still currently offering $50 over dealer cost on our Mopar extended warranties!! ⭐

Please email [email protected] to receive an extended warranty quote!
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We're still offering Mopar warranties at $50 over dealer cost!

Thank you to everyone who has bought from us so far!!

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 10

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We'd like to send out a quick thank you to all of our customers who have purchased or referred a friend to our Mopar Extended Warranty promotion! We have done this a little over a year and have saved our customers over $1,000,000 from MSRP Pricing at $50 over cost!

Thanks to all of you for referring us to others!

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Can never go wrong with a Laramie! 🤩

Make sure you're getting the best coverage at the best price!
Email [email protected] for a warranty quote!​

Attachments

• IMG_0601_jpg.JPG
    IMG_0601_jpg.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0602_jpg.JPG
    IMG_0602_jpg.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 7

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can never go wrong with a Laramie! 🤩

Make sure you're getting the best coverage at the best price!
Email [email protected] for a warranty quote!​
With the experience I'm going through with trying to get my wife's Pacifica Maxcare claim approved, I can't say I'd ever recommend a Mopar warranty. Her van has been in the shop for 3 weeks after the dealer submitted the claim to Mopar and Mopar will not respond back. I've called and I've gotten ChryslerCares involved and we're getting nowhere. It has NOT been a good experience.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
With the experience I'm going through with trying to get my wife's Pacifica Maxcare claim approved, I can't say I'd ever recommend a Mopar warranty. Her van has been in the shop for 3 weeks after the dealer submitted the claim to Mopar and Mopar will not respond back. I've called and I've gotten ChryslerCares involved and we're getting nowhere. It has NOT been a good experience.
That sounds like a tough deal. I know Mopar corporate was adding to their staff on the service contract side and typically they do a great job.

I hope you and the dealer get this worked out well ASAP and sorry for the hassle!

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like a tough deal. I know Mopar corporate was adding to their staff on the service contract side and typically they do a great job.

I hope you and the dealer get this worked out well ASAP and sorry for the hassle!
Thanks. The line we're getting from the warranty folks are that they "changed their system and no longer respond to dealer's phone calls, only emails. As such, they're a little backed up."

Except they're not responding to the dealer's emails and their policy is not to answer any questions from the customer. It's certainly been a frustrating experience to say the least. I love my Ram and plan on keeping it for a really long time, but this experience is souring my wife on any future Mopar vehicles.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. The line we're getting from the warranty folks are that they "changed their system and no longer respond to dealer's phone calls, only emails. As such, they're a little backed up."

Except they're not responding to the dealer's emails and their policy is not to answer any questions from the customer. It's certainly been a frustrating experience to say the least. I love my Ram and plan on keeping it for a really long time, but this experience is souring my wife on any future Mopar vehicles.

Join the club, CDRJ dealerships have the lowest customer ratings in regards to the service departments in the industry. I see it when I try to do the most basic of things there, and it's the only reason why I do my own oil changes on my truck, I simply don't trust the dealer to do it. First new vehicle in my entire life I felt this way.

That being said, my 2019 RAM has been faultless, literally the most reliably new vehicle I've purchased ever. But I know one day I may need to use my Mopar warranty, and I dread having to do it. Hopefully they will change my opinion, but based on what you just mentioned, responding only to emails on warranty services and they are backed up for weeks, yeah, not too sure about that.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I would provide an update to our saga on first use of the Mopar MaxCare warranty with my wife's Pacifica. It's now been 3 weeks after the dealer diagnosed the issue and submitted a claim to Mopar for repair. The dealer has not received a response back from Mopar at all (they aren;'t denying the claim, just not responding to it). We got ChryslerCares invovled to see if we can get anything moving. Today, we hear back from ChryslerCares that there's nothing they can do to speed up the process, that it's all in Mopar's hands. In the meantime, they offer no other information, like an estimate on how long it MIGHT take to get a response. We now have to respond back to them asking for any information at all on when we might have an answer, which will probably take another 4 days to get a response back from the case manager. They just have not been helpful thus far. At this point, I'm glad I have a third party warranty on my Ram that covers virtually the same items as Maxcare, because if this is Mopar's new SOP, this is ********.

@RamCares - I know you're separate from ChryslerCares, but please learn from my experience and be helpful to Ram owners. We understand you may not be able to fix every issue that arises, but please at least provide information to help us understand what's going on behind the scenes. Lack of information is very frustrating.

RamCares

Reaction score
I thought I would provide an update to our saga on first use of the Mopar MaxCare warranty with my wife's Pacifica. It's now been 3 weeks after the dealer diagnosed the issue and submitted a claim to Mopar for repair. The dealer has not received a response back from Mopar at all (they aren;'t denying the claim, just not responding to it). We got ChryslerCares invovled to see if we can get anything moving. Today, we hear back from ChryslerCares that there's nothing they can do to speed up the process, that it's all in Mopar's hands. In the meantime, they offer no other information, like an estimate on how long it MIGHT take to get a response. We now have to respond back to them asking for any information at all on when we might have an answer, which will probably take another 4 days to get a response back from the case manager. They just have not been helpful thus far. At this point, I'm glad I have a third party warranty on my Ram that covers virtually the same items as Maxcare, because if this is Mopar's new SOP, this is ********.

@RamCares - I know you're separate from ChryslerCares, but please learn from my experience and be helpful to Ram owners. We understand you may not be able to fix every issue that arises, but please at least provide information to help us understand what's going on behind the scenes. Lack of information is very frustrating.
Hi there,

Thanks for grabbing our attention on this. We are sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your wife's vehicle. We understand that waiting for warranty approvals is not always ideal and the team greatly appreciates any patience. Please continue working with your Chrysler Cares agent with any concerns, as they are in the best position to assist.

Lex
Ram Cares

U

User_3336

At this point, I'm glad I have a third party warranty on my Ram that covers virtually the same items as Maxcare, because if this is Mopar's new SOP, this is ********.
I'm curious, what assurance do you have that a third party extended warranty will be any better ? ? ? ?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious, what assurance do you have that a third party extended warranty will be any better ? ? ? ?
Since the issue is getting a response form the folks who run the warranty, I have the same assurance I had when I bought the Maxcare in 2018 (because at the time of purchase I hadn't used either one). Interestingly enough, one of the issues pointed out to me when I bought my Limited was that the third party warranty does not have the same issues with getting repairs approved. I didn't really understand the comment, but I sure do now. I compared the coverage and the coverage between the two policies was exactly the same, so I wasn't worried about things not being covered i one vs the other. My big beef here is the fact that the dealer can't even get a simple response from Mopar warranty and he won't repair it until they respond. Service advisor said he has 4 other vehicles in the same boat too. So, to answer your question - am I 100% sure the third parry warranty will respond to a warranty claim? No, not yet since I've only had it for my truck for 15 months.

U

User_3336

Since the issue is getting a response form the folks who run the warranty, I have the same assurance I had when I bought the Maxcare in 2018 (because at the time of purchase I hadn't used either one). Interestingly enough, one of the issues pointed out to me when I bought my Limited was that the third party warranty does not have the same issues with getting repairs approved. I didn't really understand the comment, but I sure do now. I compared the coverage and the coverage between the two policies was exactly the same, so I wasn't worried about things not being covered i one vs the other. My big beef here is the fact that the dealer can't even get a simple response from Mopar warranty and he won't repair it until they respond. Service advisor said he has 4 other vehicles in the same boat too. So, to answer your question - am I 100% sure the third parry warranty will respond to a warranty claim? No, not yet since I've only had it for my truck for 15 months.
HMMM, It sucks that you are having issues. But its hard to take a sampling of one customer from one dealership to really analyze this scenario (e.g. is it a pain in the a&& to get a repair fixed under the Mopar ESP). Its simply hard to grasp that Mopar/FCA is really this uncooperative when it comes to repairs under ESP (Again, is this an isolated issue with this particular dealer). With such a minute sampling of this issue, and all the extended warranties that FCA has sold, and all the RAM trucks out on the road (again, we're not even talking about a RAM, we're talking about a Chrysler Pacifica), I'd just have to hear many more stories of FCA/MOPAR dragging their feet when it comes to ESP repairs. 1-2-3 cases on one forum just wouldn't be enough to scare me away from buying a Mopar ESP.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HMMM, It sucks that you are having issues. But its hard to take a sampling of one customer from one dealership to really analyze this scenario (e.g. is it a pain in the a&& to get a repair fixed under the Mopar ESP). Its simply hard to grasp that Mopar/FCA is really this uncooperative when it comes to repairs under ESP (Again, is this an isolated issue with this particular dealer). With such a minute sampling of this issue, and all the extended warranties that FCA has sold, and all the RAM trucks out on the road (again, we're not even talking about a RAM, we're talking about a Chrysler Pacifica), I'd just have to hear many more stories of FCA/MOPAR dragging their feet when it comes to ESP repairs. 1-2-3 cases on one forum just wouldn't be enough to scare me away from buying a Mopar ESP.
Understood. My experience is only one data point. I'm not sure the dealer has anything to do with it though. I called Mopar warranty twice and talked with their rep. They told me they do not respond to customer's requests, only to dealer's requests. Therefore, they wouldn't even answer my question about when the dealer might have some response to the claim. They said they no longer take dealer phone calls either and that the backlog was due to switching to an email based system instead of fielding phone calls. But again - my experience is only one data point.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Oh I believe you, there is a new thread started by someone else who can't get his vehicle looked at until sometime in July.

Users who are viewing this thread