5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan - $25 over Dealer Cost!--NOW OFFERING PAYMENT PLANS ONLINE!!

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My finance guy told me he never heard of Mopar Max Car Warranty; he was trying to sell me a third-party plan they carry. I decided to go with Granger Motor's.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Friendly reminder: this thread is only to discuss Granger Motor’s plans. Start your own thread if you would like to discuss other providers.

U

User_3336

I paid $1850 for max care for vehicle in signature below, from Granger Motor's. Quick and easy, took about 20 minutes and about 5 emails back and forth. Still waiting to see it on the Mopar site, fingers crossed.
Term? Deductible?

U

User_3336

My finance guy told me he never heard of Mopar Max Car Warranty; he was trying to sell me a third-party plan they carry. I decided to go with Granger Motor's.
He never heard of Mopar Max Care because he didn't want to offer it to you. He would have made thousands more selling the third party warranty.

For the money, Its bad judgement to buy anything else OTHER than a Mopar Max Care.

gofishn

Reaction score
Great response. You're right, they have been addressed. But the problems with forums, as I'm sure you're aware, is that anyone with a keyboard or phone can post. There is always conflicting information. So how is a person supposed to know who to believe? If I felt the responses people give in those threads was credible I wouldn't have posted what you quoted. I'm addressing them to someone who is selling these contracts in the hopes of getting straight answers. But I appreciate your attempt at scolding me ;)

Not to mention that an inexperienced forum user, even an old hand like me, who si first time user of THIS forum, has to wade through miles of Garbage to find the Gem, when it is easier to just ask.

Not to mention, most forum search engines do not go back very far.
Could not even find a post of mine, from just 8 years ago, on another forum.

gofishn

Reaction score
I don't have the time to pick that apart LOL. Suffice it to say I have experience with extended warranties. And have found out the hard way what they did and did not cover. I agree, anyone looking to buy one needs to carefully read through the contract to be aware of what to expect. I'm just saying a lot of people are lied to and told that their max care warranty covers the same things as the factory warranty. Some even say it's b to b. But as you know, they are not.

Well, let me put it to this way, no picking apart needed.

It;s far better to have a warranty and never use it, having the money spent being a complete and utter waste, then not have have one and end up with a huge bill which must be paid.

Kind of like Life insurance.
Unless you are financially set, might be a good idea to have some.
If a person has got plenty of cash, who cares. They can die, comforted by the fact, everyone is still taken care of.

Warranties, just like Life Insurance, are something I truly hope I never have to use.

Last edited:

Wire4money

Reaction score
Anybody buy the Added Care Plus over the Maximum Care? It is significantly less and seems to cover most issues likely to pop up. Am I missing something?

U

User_3336

Anybody buy the Added Care Plus over the Maximum Care? It is significantly less and seems to cover most issues likely to pop up. Am I missing something?
It would depend on what you want covered. Did you compare?

U

User_3336

Body Mechanisms • Manual Interior Mechanisms • Safety and Security • Full Mechanical

Yeah, Vague. (this is what MAX covers that ADDED doesn't)

Wire4money

Reaction score
Body Mechanisms • Manual Interior Mechanisms • Safety and Security • Full Mechanical

Yeah, Vague. (this is what MAX covers that ADDED doesn't)
At 70% more, I’d like to know what these added items are. The items in the Added Care Plus are specific. Just wanted to know if someone has gone down this rabbit hole, or if I’ll be the first.

U

User_3336

At 70% more, I’d like to know what these added items are. The items in the Added Care Plus are specific. Just wanted to know if someone has gone down this rabbit hole, or if I’ll be the first.
I am not sure how you are figuring 70% more. That would depend on the term/mileage/deductible.. Its not 70% on every plan.

Wire4money

Reaction score
I am not sure how you are figuring 70% more. That would depend on the term/mileage/deductible.. Its not 70% on every plan.
Quote on maxcare 8/100-$1900
Quote on added care plus 8/100-$1140
Approx 70% more

Wire4money

Reaction score
Here’s what I found out for anyone else researching. The maxcare covers stuff like air suspension, heated seats, etc that my bighorn doesn’t have. I’m going with added care plus.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My finance guy who offered the extended warranty says they don't take kindly to others who sell just warranties, and not cars
The good news is we're one of the top Ram dealers in the midwest. I understand they don't like competition on service contracts though.

Users who are viewing this thread