5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Tanneau Soft Roll Up Cover

dgdelage

Reaction score
Had my Mopar Soft Roll-up Tonneau Cover installed today. Came out great. Really loving its fit, ease and accessibility. The part number is #82215254 for the 5’7 Conventional bed. Also put in the RAM bed extender from Mopar. Very happy with both.
Thanks for the pictures! Better than anything else I've been able to find online. I have two questions, if you don't mind. (1) How does it unlatch? I've seen some roll-up covers that require you to go to both sides to release the cover, and others release only from the driver's side. (2) What keeps the cover rolled up if you need to have it open?

Thanks!

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures! Better than anything else I've been able to find online. I have two questions, if you don't mind. (1) How does it unlatch? I've seen some roll-up covers that require you to go to both sides to release the cover, and others release only from the driver's side. (2) What keeps the cover rolled up if you need to have it open?

Thanks!
No problem. I'm still really liking its fit, ease, and accessibility. It's holding up extremely well. This cover requires you to go to both sides of the truck to release the cover. The cover rolls all the way to the back near the glass and is held in place by two sturdy buckle straps, one on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. And it's tucked away nice allowing you the full use/length of your bed. Aerodynamically, it's not going anywhere when in that position. Takes maybe 15 seconds to unlatch and roll to the rear window and maybe 30 seconds to put back into place. I can take pictures later if you'd like.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I can take pictures later if you'd like.

Nevermind, just went back through the pics I posted and you can see everything you asked about.

(1) How does it unlatch?

]You can see both latches in two of the pics I posted.

What keeps the cover rolled up if you need to have it open?

In the one pic with the cover in place, you can see the two clips near the rear window. In another picture of the cover rolled up, you can see the straps and how they attached to those clips.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread