5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Skid Plates 2021 Ram

bgasper

Reaction score
I got (what I think was) a good deal on a 2021 1500 Longhorn. I'm new to Ram, coming over from GM for 20+ years (just could not stand the new front ends, interiors, along with various other features). There were a couple of trade-offs in my wish list, one being the truck does not have the Off-Road package...not a big deal as I'll handle stance/shocks/springs with other upgrades. However, that means I also didn't get skid plates.
- How hard are skid plates to add?
- Do they simply bolt right on with no interferences? (I realize the various packages are designed for a Ram, but wondering if there is anything I'm not understanding.)

These don't seem to be too expensive from Mopar.

I spend a lot of time on gravel roads, off road managing rural property, etc.

Apologies if this a remedial question, but I've looked to some degree via the search function and not found much for results. Thank you.

Kibbe

Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence but have you looked under your truck to see if you already have skid plates? I don't have the off road package but I do have some package (I can't remember which one it was, protection maybe?) and I have skid plates on mine.

bgasper

Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence but have you looked under your truck to see if you already have skid plates? I don't have the off road package but I do have some package (I can't remember which one it was, protection maybe?) and I have skid plates on mine.
Good question. I've looked. There are not what appears to me to be skid plates. That said, I'm not certain how many different skid plates there should be.

KCViper

Reaction score
I decided not the order my truck with the ORP (off-road protection group) but did elect to buy it with the PG (protection group), which includes:
  • Front Suspension Skid-Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid-Plate
  • Steering Gear Skid-Plate
  • Tow Hooks
  • Transfer-Case Skid-Plate
From factory it adds $395. I know you can order the individual skid plates as well.

robwah

Reaction score
Would love to know the part #s for the protection group so I can order for my 2021 Limited

KCViper

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know the part numbers but would bet the parts department at a dealership would. ;) Might also do an online search by my description above?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

If you do a search here, you'll find a few threads with part numbers for you. Otherwise, as others suggested above, you can also check with a dealership.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
If you're going to all this trouble, complete the package with the Dethloff skidplate, too. Why cover MOST of the underside of your truck? I have a couple good scratches on mine from going out and having fun. Worth the extra few hundred bucks to protect the transmission.

JD300WM

Reaction score
If you're going to all this trouble, complete the package with the Dethloff skidplate, too. Why cover MOST of the underside of your truck? I have a couple good scratches on mine from going out and having fun. Worth the extra few hundred bucks to protect the transmission.
It’s on back order.

JD300WM

Reaction score
I need the part numbers for the EXACT factory skid plates for mine. The dealer I called seems clueless and the website lists different part numbers. Help...

Users who are viewing this thread