5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Releases Center Bed Step For Use With Multifunction Tailgate:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mopar Releases Center Bed Step For Use With Multifunction Tailgate:
Available As A Standalone Accessory, Option, Or Part Of The Bed Utility Group...

MP020_002RMh0ope6uer064rvr8idbpgbk486.jpg

Redfour5

Reaction score
First, why do they call it a "center" bed step when it is off to one side? Second, I'm not sure what purpose it serves. The lower area where the license plate 7 pin is works fine. I see it from my own experience as of limited value. When I want in, I don't want to take the time to lower it, and then have to put it back up. I can step up in the middle of the bumper/lower area much easier. I'm almost of a mind that RAM designed this to solve a problem that is NOT a problem with the multifunction tailgate but IS a problem with a regular tailgate where you cannot use that middle lower part of the bumper to step up. I wonder if it will disappear at some point. On my old "regular" tailgate, I had an aftermarket rear bumper with a step built in that solved the regular tailgate issues.

Users who are viewing this thread