5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar prepaid oil change plan $252(3x$84)

Lordy123

Reaction score
I just called Mopar protection because the website would error when I tried to purchase the 4 essential oil changes @ $400 that showed up for my vin. The guy on the phone suggested I let him move me to another plan he says is the best specifically because I have the eco diesel. $252 total for 3 services INCLUDING tire rotations. The 4 for $400 plan does not include tire rotation and is $442.xx total for me after taxes and fees($110.50x4). He confirmed many times the Ecodiesel was covered and had suggested this plan to others who are using it without issue.

I've never taken my vehicles to the dealer for oil changes, but I cannot buy the filter and oil for less than this. It cost me about $85-95 to do myself using ms-12991 spec oil. Figured I'd give you guys a heads up, might be worth a phone call vs buying online.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate that. And it is a good deal, problem is I can’t stand dealer service centers. They are a huge pain to use. I don’t have time to drop my truck off for hours just for an oil change. And I certainly don’t have a couple hours to sit and wait for it. And I don’t trust them. But if you have a dealer you like and trust then I’d say it’s worth it. For me I’ll continue to do it myself on my own time. Only take me 30 minutes to do

Lordy123

Reaction score
I appreciate that. And it is a good deal, problem is I can’t stand dealer service centers. They are a huge pain to use. I don’t have time to drop my truck off for hours just for an oil change. And I certainly don’t have a couple hours to sit and wait for it. And I don’t trust them. But if you have a dealer you like and trust then I’d say it’s worth it. For me I’ll continue to do it myself on my own time. Only take me 30 minutes to do

Totally understand that! This will be the first oil change I've ever paid for at a dealer. Being the same price as doing myself, I'm taking it there for sure. I do like the service center by me so far. I installed my own OEM brake controller and they quoted me $50 to program the package, charged me 40, and was done and on the road in about 15 minutes. Hopefully the lube service is just as prompt!

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is good news. Notwithstanding the price, the 4/2years is one more change than I need in 2 years.

An oil change at my dealer is 30 minutes, I've been getting them there with my previous contract for 5 years and was looking for one for my 2020.

I'm still 3k miles from my first oil change so could please post plan info when you receive it?

Thanks
Bill

Lordy123

Reaction score
This is good news. Notwithstanding the price, the 4/2years is one more change than I need in 2 years.

An oil change at my dealer is 30 minutes, I've been getting them there with my previous contract for 5 years and was looking for one for my 2020.

I'm still 3k miles from my first oil change so could please post plan info when you receive it?

Thanks
Bill
Will do, he said it would take about three weeks to receive the paperwork but should be visible in the dealer network tomorrow. I'll scan/upload the details when I get them.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will do, he said it would take about three weeks to receive the paperwork but should be visible in the dealer network tomorrow. I'll scan/upload the details when I get them.
Thanks. And just so you don't feel too good about this deal, I got 10 changes/rotations/5 years for my 2015 for the price of $469...do the math ;) :) Couldn't get the same this time around.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And was that 252 with tax? We don't do no stinkin' sales tax here in NH ;)

Lordy123

Reaction score
Thanks. And just so you don't feel too good about this deal, I got 10 changes/rotations/5 years for my 2015 for the price of $469...do the math ;) :) Couldn't get the same this time around.

For my last chevy gasser I got Dexos approved oil $12 for 5 quarts and a OEM filter for $4.80 at the local farm store, so I already "Dont feel too good" :cry:.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I just called Mopar protection because the website would error when I tried to purchase the 4 essential oil changes @ $400 that showed up for my vin. The guy on the phone suggested I let him move me to another plan he says is the best specifically because I have the eco diesel. $252 total for 3 services INCLUDING tire rotations. The 4 for $400 plan does not include tire rotation and is $442.xx total for me after taxes and fees($110.50x4). He confirmed many times the Ecodiesel was covered and had suggested this plan to others who are using it without issue.

I've never taken my vehicles to the dealer for oil changes, but I cannot buy the filter and oil for less than this. It cost me about $85-95 to do myself using ms-12991 spec oil. Figured I'd give you guys a heads up, might be worth a phone call vs buying online.
Can you post the contact number I would like to give them a call.

rorischak

Reaction score
800 442 2666 Option 4 is the number I called.
So Crazy how you can't just get a straight deal anymore.

I called the number you listed above. I spoke to the person and they were nice. I told them I wanted the oil change package with tire rotation.

They replied back at

4 pack (2 years) with tire rotation $678.40
4 pack (2years) w/o tire rotation $636

I promptly told them no thanks!
I went onto Mopar essential care site and found close to your deal with
4 pack (2 years) w/o tire for $424.00

I took the one through the website as it is much cheaper than I paid last time I took it in for its first.

Lordy123

Reaction score
So Crazy how you can't just get a straight deal anymore.

I called the number you listed above. I spoke to the person and they were nice. I told them I wanted the oil change package with tire rotation.

They replied back at

4 pack (2 years) with tire rotation $678.40
4 pack (2years) w/o tire rotation $636

I promptly told them no thanks!
I went onto Mopar essential care site and found close to your deal with
4 pack (2 years) w/o tire for $424.00

I took the one through the website as it is much cheaper than I paid last time I took it in for its first.

Now that I'm back in my office, I have my notepad with the name and return number of the guy I spoke with. I PM'ed it to you if you want to call him and see if he can get it changed for you. I wonder if they have different options by state because those prices you were quoted are insane.

Jasond78

Reaction score
Never knew this option existed. I was hunting in Ohio last month when mine hit 10k and said zero oil life. I took it to the nearest ram service center and they promptly charged me $250.00 for the pleasure.. ouch.

Lordy123

Reaction score
So I just stopped by to get my oil changed, and the dealer said they can't honor the plan because they're losing $40 and it's not a plan that SHOULD apply to the EcoDiesel.

I'll call the mopar protection guy back tomorrow and see if he'll move me to the right plan at no cost since I asked him so many times whether or not it would cover the eco diesel.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just stopped by to get my oil changed, and the dealer said they can't honor the plan because they're losing $40 and it's not a plan that SHOULD apply to the EcoDiesel.

I'll call the mopar protection guy back tomorrow and see if he'll move me to the right plan at no cost since I asked him so many times whether or not it would cover the eco diesel.
Bummer. When I bought my truck I asked if they had any oil plans and the salesman told me that there weren't any that they wouldn't loose money on so they don't sell them.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even IF that were legit, is it worth it? You're spending money on fuel getting to the dealership. Spending time. And you've got a minimum wage employee working on your new truck.

No thanks. I'd have to be saving BIG money to make that worth it.

Lordy123

Reaction score
Even IF that were legit, is it worth it? You're spending money on fuel getting to the dealership. Spending time. And you've got a minimum wage employee working on your new truck.

Yes, having the option for an OEM dealer oil change for less than I can do it myself is worth it. There's a nice rural shop right down the road from me and one in the city right by an office I work out of frequently. I can afford the 82 cents in fuel costs to drive it to either of them. I also don't have my shop when I'm working out of town. Plus, I don't know what a lube tech makes, but around here they all know how to change the oil in a half-ton, especially at the dealer.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score

heh, my last 10 oil changes/rotations at my dealer cost me $46 each and a half hour.....no sour grapes here.

Users who are viewing this thread