5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar prepaid oil change plan $252(3x$84)

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just stopped by to get my oil changed, and the dealer said they can't honor the plan because they're losing $40 and it's not a plan that SHOULD apply to the EcoDiesel.

I'll call the mopar protection guy back tomorrow and see if he'll move me to the right plan at no cost since I asked him so many times whether or not it would cover the eco diesel.
Ask him to scan the contract and the terms and conditions of whatever he offer's you so you can run it by the dealer. In any case whatever he sold you is fully refundable in the first 30 or 60 days or worst case contest it with the credit card company.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I called Ram hotline trying to find out the rebate for being a realtor. I was told besides the $500 rebate for bing NAR member for purchasing the truck I will also received 2 yrs oil change for free. The lady said I should mention that up to the dealer then they will add that into the system. Not sure how it works, but now I only have drove 4k miles. Guess will need to call the dealer to confirm.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Ram hotline trying to find out the rebate for being a realtor. I was told besides the $500 rebate for bing NAR member for purchasing the truck I will also received 2 yrs oil change for free. The lady said I should mention that up to the dealer then they will add that into the system. Not sure how it works, but now I only have drove 4k miles. Guess will need to call the dealer to confirm.
Good Luck. After talking to my dealer I would run the plan by them before I purchased. I like my dealer, I like the diesel tech, and I'm a believer in having face time with them to maintain the relationship so I'd like to be able to find some kind of a discount so I could keep using them. In all honesty even without the discount I will still have them do my service as in the scheme of things it's really not a lot of money.

pmegason

Reaction score
They must have rolled a plan in when I bought mine earlier this month. I just got an email yesterday saying i have 2 years to use my 4 prepaid oil changes.

Venom700

Reaction score
Just got 3 full synthetic oil changes with tire rotations (good for 2 years) from Criswell for $149.

Lordy123

Reaction score
FCA finally got back to the Mopar protection guy, they ended up moving me to the 4 change plan for the hassle of the price mistake. It looks like the plan is around $500 now but I'm hoping that price comes down with time.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA finally got back to the Mopar protection guy, they ended up moving me to the 4 change plan for the hassle of the price mistake. It looks like the plan is around $500 now but I'm hoping that price comes down with time.
Even at #125/change that is a decent deal. The plan online is still $400 when I enter my VIN

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4 oil changes is nearly 40,000 miles of driving. My fear is that before I get there the truck might get crashed or traded in on something new. :D Wasted money if that happens.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Good Luck. After talking to my dealer I would run the plan by them before I purchased. I like my dealer, I like the diesel tech, and I'm a believer in having face time with them to maintain the relationship so I'd like to be able to find some kind of a discount so I could keep using them. In all honesty even without the discount I will still have them do my service as in the scheme of things it's really not a lot of money.
Got the paper from Mopar confirming the Warranty I purchased 6/125. Also listed 4 times in 2 yrs oil change. I guess it is official from FCA.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the paper from Mopar confirming the Warranty I purchased 6/125. Also listed 4 times in 2 yrs oil change. I guess it is official from FCA.
Yes, I understand that is from Mopar but the dealer may not actually do it for that price. If you read the terms and conditions on the oil warranty it may actually say how much the dealer is going to be reimbursed from Mopar and that reimbursement may mean that the dealer is going to want you to pay extra.

I had a 5yr/10 changes/rotations that I paid $459 for which was sold to me by the dealer when I bought my '15 EcoD. When I received the paperwork it clearly said that the dealer was going to get reimbursed $50 per service....which meant that the dealer was going to loose money on each service. My dealer dealer knew that when they sold it to me and I never paid anything on top of that but when I bought my 20 the dealer said that they stopped selling the oil plans because everything from Mopar would cause them to loose money.

Better to run it by the dealer rather than to be unpleasantly surprised later after the return period for the warranty.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Yes, I understand that is from Mopar but the dealer may not actually do it for that price. If you read the terms and conditions on the oil warranty it may actually say how much the dealer is going to be reimbursed from Mopar and that reimbursement may mean that the dealer is going to want you to pay extra.

I had a 5yr/10 changes/rotations that I paid $459 for which was sold to me by the dealer when I bought my '15 EcoD. When I received the paperwork it clearly said that the dealer was going to get reimbursed $50 per service....which meant that the dealer was going to loose money on each service. My dealer dealer knew that when they sold it to me and I never paid anything on top of that but when I bought my 20 the dealer said that they stopped selling the oil plans because everything from Mopar would cause them to loose money.

Better to run it by the dealer rather than to be unpleasantly surprised later after the return period for the warranty.
Got it. Will find out later when I am there doing the service. Anyhow the dealer who sold me the truck has 1 yr/ first time maintenance for free for my truck. I guess we shall find it out the second visit to them.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it. Will find out later when I am there doing the service. Anyhow the dealer who sold me the truck has 1 yr/ first time maintenance for free for my truck. I guess we shall find it out the second visit to them.
Good, there are some posts on here about the dealers asking for money with these warranties. It really sucks that there is this disconnect between Maxcare and the dealer with regard to this.

BNJMN

Reaction score
I had the same experience - dealer refused to sell me the Mopar oil change plan because it would cost them money. Mopar has $340 for 3 oil changes in 2 years online right now, I just paid $264 at my dealer for the first oil change and tire rotation.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same experience - dealer refused to sell me the Mopar oil change plan because it would cost them money. Mopar has $340 for 3 oil changes in 2 years online right now, I just paid $264 at my dealer for the first oil change and tire rotation.
I'm pretty sure that if you buy prepaid they have to honor it. It shows up on the computer when they check you in. My dealer complains but honor's it.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
I just used the last of my 3 for $340 plan, the new one offered by my dealer is 4 for $465, still a good deal. There is another dealer in town that won’t honor the MOPAR plan, they want to tack on extra for ”shop fees”. Needless to say I don’t go to that dealer.

TSL

Reaction score
I was at my local dealer yesterday for a small warranty repair item ( loose plastic trim piece on the B pillar grab bar ). My truck's brand new, just over 1000 miles so far. anyway, I thought I'd ask them about service costs. They quoted me $249 for the diesel service. I'll have to see about getting one of these pre-paid plans before the time comes and then see who will honor it locally!

Users who are viewing this thread