5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Performance CAI and off road use?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if the Mopar Ram Air CAI is noisy? I had a Volante on my F150 and it was obnoxious. I guess what I am asking is if there is any of that hollow sound or sucking air sound during normal driving.
This is the quietest aftermarket filter that I have added with the best performance. (y)

The only downside is the price tag.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if the Mopar Ram Air CAI is noisy? I had a Volante on my F150 and it was obnoxious. I guess what I am asking is if there is any of that hollow sound or sucking air sound during normal driving.
I have been very pleased with the performance of the Ram Airflow. (y)

In my opinion it is quieter than any K&N or AFE that I have had on previous vehicles with better airflow and throttle response.

Bearman95

Reaction score
It’s not Noisy at all during normal driving. Actually seems quieter My truck Actually seems to run smoother and less strain on the motor. Hard to explain! But I can definitely tell the difference in power when I get on it! Also have a Borla touring exhaust and when I put the pedal to the metal it just seems to open everything up And you get that giddyup and go. I was hesitant to buy but I am so glad that I did

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good point, I've been thinking about just putting a reusable AEM drop in filter on my Ram for like $50. But I also wonder how well the Mopar intake does in heavy rain...

YourDad

Reaction score
Must not be taking in any additional air compared to stock then...?

lol what? The air grabber is the best intake on the market for our trucks. Because it’s clean it’s not sucking in air? Whatever bro lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol what? The air grabber is the best intake on the market for our trucks. Because it’s clean it’s not sucking in air? Whatever bro lol
Suuure. That's why it's half the price of the Mopar one and it's an oiled filter?!?!? Lol. Fine by me if you wanna believe Vararams BS propaganda lmao!, but the rest of us know better "bro".

YourDad

Reaction score
Suuure. That's why it's half the price of the Mopar one and it's an oiled filter?!?!? Lol. Fine by me if you wanna believe Vararams BS propaganda lmao!, but the rest of us know better "bro".
You think a Mopar part is twice the price because it’s better? Okaaaaay... that’s the same logic that my filter is clean so it’s not working lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You think a Mopar part is twice the price because it’s better? Okaaaaay... that’s the same logic that my filter is clean so it’s not working lol
The reason the Mopar one is more expensive is because it IS better, it's FULLY warrantied AND it's not an oiled piece of crap lol. Anyone else here with half a brain knows that haha! And if your filter looks new after a few thousand miles....I'm sorry...it means it's not pulling in any extra air...if it was it would get dirty faster... period. But hey man...it's cool if you don't know much about how auto intakes work....not many people do.

YourDad

Reaction score
The reason the Mopar one is more expensive is because it IS better, it's FULLY warrantied AND it's not an oiled piece of crap lol. Anyone else here with half a brain knows that haha! And if your filter looks new after a few thousand miles....I'm sorry...it means it's not pulling in any extra air...if it was it would get dirty faster... period. But hey man...it's cool if you don't know much about how auto intakes work....not many people do.

You must have missed where Mopar has stated their new intake gives 0 power increase. They’ve literally said this LOL! But yeah, it’s probably better since it’s really expensive cause it says MOPAR on it and cause warranty *eye roll*

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You must have missed where Mopar has stated their new intake gives 0 power increase. They’ve literally said this LOL! But yeah, it’s probably better since it’s really expensive cause it says MOPAR on it and cause warranty *eye roll*
When did I say it added power??? Lol. Learn how to read.
And yes ...the warranty part is 100% true. It's amazing how people don't even read warranty info from the manufacturer. Let me know if you need me to read to you.

YourDad

Reaction score
When did I say it added power??? Lol. Learn how to read.
And yes ...the warranty part is 100% true. It's amazing how people don't even read warranty info from the manufacturer. Let me know if you need me to read to you.
Yes read to me how something that creates zero power is better than something that creates power.

NHjake98

Reaction score
At the risk of getting into this word war, I thought I would let you know my thoughts after having the Mopar air induction on my Rebel. Before the installation I was averaging 14.8 mpg. Two weeks after the install I an averaging 17.3 and 18mpg on the highway. I guess we can argue the price and the science all day long but this is a passionate buy not a logical one for me. I can also tell you that the off the line response is definitely noticeably better. Weather it is a placebo or not we will never know!!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes read to me how something that creates zero power is better than something that creates power.
Are you kidding? Lmao. Dude...not even going to argue...me and everyone else on here knows the difference between those two intakes and if you don't after it being explained to you over and over again...too bad. Happy Rammin'
PS: I never said either one actually adds power... again....learn how to read.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the risk of getting into this word war, I thought I would let you know my thoughts after having the Mopar air induction on my Rebel. Before the installation I was averaging 14.8 mpg. Two weeks after the install I an averaging 17.3 and 18mpg on the highway. I guess we can argue the price and the science all day long but this is a passionate buy not a logical one for me. I can also tell you that the off the line response is definitely noticeably better. Weather it is a placebo or not we will never know!!
It's ok man. Daddys boy above you is saying that I said something I didn't and is trying to justify why he paid for a filthy disgusting oiled Walmart brand filter over a genuine Mopar warranty-backed RAM intake lmao!

YourDad

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Lmao. Dude...not even going to argue...me and everyone else on here knows the difference between those two intakes and if you don't after it being explained to you over and over again...too bad. Happy Rammin'
PS: I never said either one actually adds power... again....learn how to read.
“The Vararam intake does bring in more air than every other intake”
I guess Matt of Moes Performance’s who I quoted here from his installation video is a liar then? That’s quite a claim you’re making. I also did some research and I hope I’m wrong here, but you don’t own the Vararam or the mopar one. Please tell me you own at least one of them so all your arguing isn’t null and void. Lolololol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
“The Vararam intake does bring in more air than every other intake”
I guess Matt of Moes Performance’s who I quoted here from his installation video is a liar then? That’s quite a claim you’re making. I also did some research and I hope I’m wrong here, but you don’t own the Vararam or the mopar one. Please tell me you own at least one of them so all your arguing isn’t null and void. Lolololol
I have no reason to explain myself to you. Besides...I've used the RAM air intakes, cold air intakes and I tried the Vararam on my charger RT because certain (less-than-competent) people kept raving about it. My biggest problem with it was that it's oiled. Honestly. After about a week of using it... damn thing kept throwing up codes from the MAP sensor. But you can't sit there and say that your filter is perfectly clean after xxxxx miles and claim that it's taking in more air than stock....doesn't make any sense. Think about it. Better throttle response...sure. Guaranteed 30hp gain? Doubtful.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no reason to explain myself to you. Besides...I've used the RAM air intakes, cold air intakes and I tried the Vararam on my charger RT because certain (less-than-competent) people kept raving about it. My biggest problem with it was that it's oiled. Honestly. After about a week of using it... damn thing kept throwing up codes from the MAP sensor. But you can't sit there and say that your filter is perfectly clean after xxxxx miles and claim that it's taking in more air than stock....doesn't make any sense. Think about it. Better throttle response...sure. Guaranteed 30hp gain? Doubtful.
The filter for the Ram Airflow is a dry filter.

Users who are viewing this thread