5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Heavy Duty Rubber Splash Guards

RSZ

Reaction score
Anyone have these? Mopar Part #82216218AA rear and #82216215AA front.

Looking to see how they look out in the wild.

Also curious how they install.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to purchase them... until I learned they do not work for trucks with fender flares. :(

Went the WeatherTech route instead.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up some Dee-Zee Black Aluminum Tread Plate ones off Amazon.

Malodave

RubyRam

Reaction score

I am considering getting the Heavy Duty Mopar guards also. Did end up purchasing them?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
We have them on our Limited. They're okay, but definitely smaller than I expected. My advice would be to buy something else. We bought them because we both had the heavy duty rubber mats on our 4th gens. The coverage with those was excellent. But these are actually smaller than the molded mud guards I put on our Laramie. I'll try to get pics when I get home from work, but they don't stand out well on a black truck in a dark garage LOL.

Attachments

• mud flaps.jpg
    mud flaps.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 107

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mopar redesigned thier mud flaps so they dont have the pocket that hold dirt and rock yet? I like the look but dont want the extra job of cleaning then out.

RJS

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mopar redesigned thier mud flaps so they dont have the pocket that hold dirt and rock yet? I like the look but dont want the extra job of cleaning then out.
Yup, the new design has a foam insert that works. I replaced my original Mopar flaps with Husky because of the build up of crap in them. Due to an accident, the dealers body shop replaced the Husky flaps with the newer version on the rear openings. They work fine now and we are in the middle of Michigan slop.
I like the new one so much I bought the front Mopar flaps and installed them.
Just be sure you buy some protective film to put under them before installation.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, the new design has a foam insert that works. I replaced my original Mopar flaps with Husky because of the build up of crap in them. Due to an accident, the dealers body shop replaced the Husky flaps with the newer version on the rear openings. They work fine now and we are in the middle of Michigan slop.
I like the new one so much I bought the front Mopar flaps and installed them.
Just be sure you buy some protective film to put under them before installation.
Wow! lol, after hours reading here and looking a YouTube video's, so the look the same? I looked between new and but could not make out the difference in new and old numbers
would you happen to have the part numbers for front and back? also I have the stock fender flares i think that make a difference.
Thanks! Ben

RJS

Reaction score
Wow! lol, after hours reading here and looking a YouTube video's, so the look the same? I looked between new and but could not make out the difference in new and old numbers
would you happen to have the part numbers for front and back? also I have the stock fender flares i think that make a difference.
Thanks! Ben
They are the same physically, just the foam liner was added and makes all the difference. I don't have the numbers but my 19 Laramie has the flares and they fit very well. When I ordered the fronts a few months back from my dealer (They honored the 15% off discount coupon on their website), I asked about the foam vs non-foam ones and the counter guy said they all have the foam insert now. I checked when they came in and it was there. I would have just had them reorder if it wasn't.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of this pocket? I'm having a hard time visualizing it, or why it would even be there.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the original and I took a side grinder and elongated the drain hole, no more problem with buildup, when I wash the truck, just spray in there and done.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. At least now I know what people are talking about. I'm just wondering why they were designed that way in the first place. The solution they came up with is more of a band-aid fix to save money on redesigning them. After seeing the Mopar flaps I'm even more happy I went with Husky flaps.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. At least now I know what people are talking about. I'm just wondering why they were designed that way in the first place. The solution they came up with is more of a band-aid fix to save money on redesigning them. After seeing the Mopar flaps I'm even more happy I went with Husky flaps.
Its still a horrible design, no pocket now but still a shelf for slush and ice to build up on! the plastic should continue to run down from the wheel well liner to the end (bottom) of the mud guard. I love OME accessories but having a hard time with this! Its really not that hard to design a mud guard :rolleyes::unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread