5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar catback...is it really a Borla?

Selcher

Reaction score
I'd say if you are considering Borla, the ATAK is only way to go. From reading other threads, the s-type isn't much different, than the ATAK, in volume on cold starts and idle, and in cab isn't any different.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd get the Atak. This S-Type sounds amaze balls and all but I'm used to more loudness. Now this may very well be loud AF from the back but in cab loudness when cruising when compared to my 2015 with MBRP makes it sound like stock. It's really that tame from inside the cab. I had to cruise around with the beer slider open just to hear it better. Anyone worried about the wife approving or pissing off neighbors, the S-Type is for you.

Clv22p

Reaction score
It.....doesn't include tips?!
NO!! I immediately crossed it off my list when I found that out. They sell the 5" tips extra.
If I were to do it all over again, I'd get the Atak. This S-Type sounds amaze balls and all but I'm used to more loudness. Now this may very well be loud AF from the back but in cab loudness when cruising when compared to my 2015 with MBRP makes it sound like stock. It's really that tame from inside the cab. I had to cruise around with the beer slider open just to hear it better. Anyone worried about the wife approving or pissing off neighbors, the S-Type is for you.
Exactly why I bought the S-type. Lol

Selcher

Reaction score
NO!! I immediately crossed it off my list when I found that out. They sell the 5" tips extra.

This explains the GT exhaust then. Because it looked to have the factory resonators before the factory tips!

RamLink83

Reaction score
Had the borla tourning, and could definitely hear it in the cab at start up and acceleration. Could still hear it at cruising speed, but not overly loud. I now have the AWE 0FG because the Borla did not fit well. The AWE is louder at startup and at idle from outside, but is surprisingly quieter in the cab. Definitely can tell there is an aftermarket exhaust though. Sounds real good in my opinion and fits nicely.

Clv22p

Reaction score
All done.

Fit and finish perfect!

I will say it's definitely quieter than the MBRP system on my 2015. At least so far. In the cab you hear nothing. If you didn't know you'd think it's still stock. Standing out back it gets louder and has a nice rumble to it. Not quite the same crackles the GT had but it sounds very similar. This might be a touch louder but it's very close.

Overall I think I'm still a redneck because the Atak might have been better for me. I was expecting a more obnoxious sound and this one is refined, tuned and calm. I can't see me waking up any neighbors with this. At least it'll turn some heads now.

10/10 would recommend.
How long did the install take? Looks straightforward

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
All done.

Fit and finish perfect!

I will say it's definitely quieter than the MBRP system on my 2015. At least so far. In the cab you hear nothing. If you didn't know you'd think it's still stock. Standing out back it gets louder and has a nice rumble to it. Not quite the same crackles the GT had but it sounds very similar. This might be a touch louder but it's very close.

Overall I think I'm still a redneck because the Atak might have been better for me. I was expecting a more obnoxious sound and this one is refined, tuned and calm. I can't see me waking up any neighbors with this. At least it'll turn some heads now.

10/10 would recommend.

It’ll get louder trust me. Mine was same way at first but after a few weeks it got louder and definitely wakes up the neighbors now on the cold starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selcher

Reaction score
How long did the install take? Looks straightforward

Stock system was out in 5 minutes, the Borla installed in 45 minutes... It was pretty smooth all the way around.

Selcher

Reaction score
It’ll get louder trust me. Mine was same way at first but after a few weeks it got louder and definitely wakes up the neighbors now on the cold starts

Funny you said that. Drove the truck a lot today then a bit ago did a cold start and had a friend rev it out. Way louder and a real growl now. Sounds incredible. Zero regrets.

Still quiet in the cab lol wtf

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I watched some more videos tonight and am again leaning towards the s-type. Seems to be a real nice balance of growl when you want it and close to stock when you need it to be.

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
Funny you said that. Drove the truck a lot today then a bit ago did a cold start and had a friend rev it out. Way louder and a real growl now. Sounds incredible. Zero regrets.

Still quiet in the cab lol wtf

Nice!! My was quiet in cab as well but after a few weeks it definitely woke up. I can definitely hear that beautiful growling in cab now. It’s like music to my ears hearing that deep growl. I’ve heard several people say same thing about exhaust getting louder after a little time. Enjoy!!!

Selcher

Reaction score
Nice!! My was quiet in cab as well but after a few weeks it definitely woke up. I can definitely hear that beautiful growling in cab now. It’s like music to my ears hearing that deep growl. I’ve heard several people say same thing about exhaust getting louder after a little time. Enjoy!!!

It sounds louder to me today than it did yesterday. Go figure. lol

chris288

Reaction score
I did the mid-muffler delete on my hellcat,,,, talk about waking up the neighbors at 5:30am with a cold start roar....

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Where is a good place to purchase the Borla S-type from? Directly?

Clv22p

Reaction score
I purchased from Real truck. Send @Realtruck a Dm. They had a special discount for Black Friday. They may still be running a special. I had great service. They shipped mine out and received in two days.

Users who are viewing this thread