5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed mat

Hahny

Reaction score
On the install does it just lay on there or does the mat have to be locked down and the bed drilled? I saw a drill picture in the directions and rust inhibitor in a bottle on there also.
The main mat just lays in, the tailgate protector has to be drilled in

Hahny

Reaction score
Is this kit for the new body style or old I asked a stelership and they told me they did not have anything for the new body style

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
It’s for the new body style, they just finally came out!

Hahny

Reaction score
I wonder if they make a version of this for RamBox-equipped trucks. I can't find any pictures online, although both of those part numbers (82215784ab and 82215785ab) pop up on all of the wholesalers' websites. It looks like they run $140-155, depending on site and part number.
I know on the previous Rams you just had to cut the wheel well corners out for the ram box trucks

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you seen one for the 5'7 bed with Ramboxes? I cannot find it, even on Mopar's site.

While it’s kind of nice to have one that says RAM, if you want one that fits the ram boxes, width wise, and is a lot less money, this is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VU8YO8/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_old_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Couple comments:
- it says Skid Guard in the middle of it which is kind of annoying but since my Tonneau is on I don’t really care.
- it’s very thick and heavy duty rubber
- it has little tiny rubber cleats in bottom so this thing doesn’t move. The top is treated somehow and is almost tacky. So again nothing slides at all
- Has a strong rubber smell that takes a while to tone down. Since it’s in the back of my truck I didn’t care but it might make your garage stink for a while
- the width fits the ram boxes perfectly. They purposely make it long to fit both long and short beds so you probably will have to trim the length will a heavy duty utility knife or just leave the back rolled up(?)
- only $82 and free amazon shipping

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack the thread I know it is supposed to be about the oem mat.

swarggs

Reaction score
has anyone else purchased a bed mat aftermarket? I see westin and a few other companies are making them now. i have a 6'4 bed
I purchased the Westin one for my 6' 4' bed. It looks exactly like this one without the RAM logo. I since purchased a Mopar drop in bed liner and the bed mat folds up at the sides so I took it out. I'll probably list it in the for sale section soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Username1

Reaction score
has anyone else purchased a bed mat aftermarket? I see westin and a few other companies are making them now. i have a 6'4 bed
my dealership included an aftermarket rubber bed Mat and it fits perfect and nothing slides. im away right now so I can't tell you the company but letting you know there is one out there that fits perfectly

Hahny

Reaction score
Where did you get your swing case? Do you have the brand or part #
I’ve actually had it since 2010 and just made it work in a 5th gen, i think they have made some nice improvements to them since!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just going to toss this out there; unless a perfect fit in the corners is needed, these rubber mats rock. heavy enough to really not move, durable enough for me to have pallets drug across without issue... and $45

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/