5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Bed Liner issue!

rlsray

Reaction score
I had the dealer install the ram plastic/rubber coated Bed protector when I purchased my truck in Jan/19 . Looks like tailgate protector is wearing away the paint at the back of the bed floor . If you have the protector it might be good to trim the tailgate cover so it can’t interfere and wear away the paint on your bed . I havent hailed any dirt or rocks that would do this .

Attachments

• 1ED318B1-7491-48DD-8EC4-CA0355640C12.jpeg
    1ED318B1-7491-48DD-8EC4-CA0355640C12.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 116

RJS

Reaction score
Noticed the same thing with mine. I smoothed the plastic with a Scotch Bright disc that was contacting the painted areas and used 3M vivid clear paint protection film on the tailgate and bed areas that showed wear. In fact, I bought enough film to treat the high areas of the corrugation on the bed floor with the same film. Bought two rolls of 8 mil film 12" X 72" film off Amazon for $71 delivered. Used almost all of the two rolls. Cut it into 11 1-1/2" pieces to cover the corrugated strips and used the rest for other areas that might rub.

I found most of the marring could be rubbed out by hand. a couple of spots got a drop of touch up paint.

I considered just pitching the bedliner for a new Linex job but it was thrown in with the deal and I like the fact the liner is tough as nails and will take a lot of impact. I had one in my 2000 Silverado and it marred the bed but was about the only area on the truck that didn't rust.

Kelan

Reaction score
I'm seeing this same wear on my truck. Original owner didn't notice or didn't care. It will likely require more than a little touch up paint now. :mad: I guess I'll be shelling out the coin for a spray liner earlier than planned.

Users who are viewing this thread