5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar '21 Ram 1500 Special Edition

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Scratching my head, a what?

1618516208185.png

Ram is sending out a new Mopar-themed truck, but if you want one, you better put your name in now. Only 250 are going to be built, and of those, only 40 are coming to Canada.

It’s called the Mopar ’21 Ram 1500 Special Edition, and it goes on sale this summer in Canada and the U.S.

The Mopar ’21 starts with a Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab with 5.7L V8 and 4×4 configuration. The four colour choices are Billet Silver, Bright White, Flame Red, or Hydro Blue.

RELATED
The 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn arrives with a healthy ,000 discount in its short-box
Ram Dakota may happen after all, but perhaps not with that name

Once the truck comes off the line, it goes to technicians from the Mopar Custom Shop, who install the package of Mopar accessories. These include a gloss black grille surround, black exhaust tips and badges, Mopar-logo seat upholstery, Molle bags and straps, off-road-style running boards, spray-in bedliner, adjustable tie-downs, tow hooks, dual-trailer camera prep, one-piece tonneau cover, and all-weather floor mats. The package also includes a metal instrument panel badge with the truck’s build-sequence number, and an owner’s kit in a custom box.

This is on top of the Big Horn trim level itself, which includes 20-inch black wheels, body-colour bumper and fender flares, and black mirrors.

The Mopar ’21 Special Edition is a package on top of the truck’s price, and for the 210 buyers in the U.S., it’ll add US$8,500. The Canadian price is yet to come.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No offense to the Big Horn fans, I used to be one too. But at this point in my life, if I'm going to replace my Laramie with a limited special edition Ram 1500 it would need to be based on one of the higher trim levels. It's okay though, I'm not really interested on this one anyway. Not really a fan of those stripes or hard one-piece tonneau cover LOL. And to say nothing about the $8500 price tag.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scratching my head, a what?

View attachment 89828

They have a Mopar edition every year, for 21, it’s the Ram 1500.

TravisJ

Reaction score
You are basically paying for the limited edition aspect of it...or that is what it seems. Certainly doesn’t seem like much of a value package.

No offense to people that like this, but I always though a “sport appearance” or specifically stripes like this on a pick up truck seem really corny and screams “I just drive this to work and think I look cool”. Should have brought the wing on the back like they did long ago to really add to the effect.

Reminds of this guy on Facebook that thought he was cool because he claimed his Challenger was a 1/1. All because it was the only blue colored, leather, Hemi, blah blah blah, WITH A SUNROOF.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really don't understand why everyone on here is like, "OMG $8,500!", yet they'll spend that much and more on options on their Big Horn or Limited. Makes no sense. This is a Special Edition, a Limited Edition. Like there's only 210 going to be made in the US. Chill my guys. I do agree having it on the Big Horn is a lil lame, but it makes sense since it's the most purchased trim.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really don't understand why everyone on here is like, "OMG $8,500!", yet they'll spend that much and more on options on their Big Horn or Limited. Makes no sense. This is a Special Edition, a Limited Edition. Like there's only 210 going to be made in the US. Chill my guys. I do agree having it on the Big Horn is a lil lame, but it makes sense since it's the most purchased trim.
Not the 8,500 that turns me off, but that decal woof.

TravisJ

Reaction score
For $8,500 they at least could have given it a special unique color.

TravisJ

Reaction score
I just don’t understand why it doesn’t come with some of the performance mods. why not some headers, true dual exhaust, and an actual functioning air induction hood
Why put $8,500 worth of stuff in it when you can put a few thousand into it while calling it ‘special’ because of a few decals and ‘only 240 made’?

The reality is gimicky stuff is cheap and it sells.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why put $8,500 worth of stuff in it when you can put a few thousand into it while calling it ‘special’ because of a few decals and ‘only 240 made’?

The reality is gimicky stuff is cheap and it sells.
I was exaggerating but you would think they could at least put the Mopar cold air intake on it. There is nothing special about this “special edition”

Users who are viewing this thread