5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift Creaking...

sdramsey24

Reaction score
Similar noise on mine when the suspension cycles/settles. When coming to a stop or accelerating from a stand still. I‘ve also noticed it more when it’s cold out.

I’m 90% sure it’s the rear control arm(s). I’m also wondering if I perhaps over tightened them? Is that even possible with hand tools?

For what it’s worth, I did take it in for the 500 mile retorque on the front control arms and Bilsteins. Thinking I take it in there again for another retorque.

I did the rear spacer myself and have retorqued everything I’ve touched on the rear suspension twice.

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

RedBeard85

Reaction score
I bought the Mopar / Fox lift. Putting it on next week. I really wan to level though. Any thoughts on how to lift and level?
Install the off road group springs (in front) instead of stock springs. Will bring the front up to 3". If vehicle will see any regular off roading, new UCAs may be recommended as the control arms that come with the mopar kit will be pretty maxes out. ORG spring part # 68320249ac

sdramsey24

Reaction score
Similar noise on mine when the suspension cycles/settles. When coming to a stop or accelerating from a stand still. I‘ve also noticed it more when it’s cold out.

I’m 90% sure it’s the rear control arm(s). I’m also wondering if I perhaps over tightened them? Is that even possible with hand tools?

For what it’s worth, I did take it in for the 500 mile retorque on the front control arms and Bilsteins. Thinking I take it in there again for another retorque.

I did the rear spacer myself and have retorqued everything I’ve touched on the rear suspension twice.

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Bump. Any thoughts?

sdramsey24

Reaction score
All set! Loosened it all up and tightened it without being jacked in the air. Quiet as stock.

ryanrod22

Reaction score
Having the same issue with mine. Installed the lift back in December of ‘22 and was riding good with no creaking or clunking. About a month back started hearing the creaking and clunking whenever I come to a complete stop and whenever I accelerate from a complete stop. I can hear it coming from the front driver side wheel and have gotten under the truck to see that everything looks normal. What should I start with retorquing first?

Pjaks

Reaction score
Ram dealer is leveling out my RWD 2021 Bighorn 1500 next week. Will ask them about re-tourque when I drop it off.

HRNTTWK

Reaction score
I just had my 2wd 2020 1500 leveled about a month ago. Since then, I've had it back to the shop that did it twice. Both times they checked the torque of everything. Still getting an annoying sound from my right front when going over the slightest bump in the road. It's more of a rubbing sound. Especially when it's cold. When I climb under it, it can be duplicated by rocking the truck while someone is standing on the step rail. Can feel it mostly when I touch the shock strut assembly. Was thinking about spraying silicone lube on every joint and bushing, to include the shock itself. Truck has 42K miles on it.

Pjaks

Reaction score
Ram dealer is leveling out my RWD 2021 Bighorn 1500 next week. Will ask them about re-tourque when I drop it off.
They said no need to re-tourque anything.
Unless I want to or if I notice anything unusual. My leveling kit came out really nice. Ride quality is same as before install and drives perfect. Fgured I would measure height of leveling kit when I got home, right side was about 3/8” higher than left, but could not tell it is uneven just by looking at it.. Service advisor said to drive it a few days to see if it settles, if not bring it back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread