5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift Creaking...

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my new truck today. Had the Mopar kit installed. Super nice but there is some noise coming from the front suspension. Creaking when hitting brakes or accelerating. Guys must have forgotten to final tighten something. Dropping it back off tomorrow...

Any predictions?

Also, is it possible to drop the rear by an inch to level it a touch but keep the Fox shocks?

Lateralus

Reaction score
Mine is making a noise as well. I have re torqued all of the bolts and even removed the sway bar. I'm thinking the source of mine is the UCA. I will be digging futher into it this weekend.

Let us know how yours turns out.

I will be switching the rear spacers on mine out for a set of ORP package springs. I'm fairly sure the Fox shocks will be fine.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is making a noise as well. I have re torqued all of the bolts and even removed the sway bar. I'm thinking the source of mine is the UCA. I will be digging futher into it this weekend.

Let us know how yours turns out.

I will be switching the rear spacers on mine out for a set of ORP package springs. I'm fairly sure the Fox shocks will be fine.

Mine is pretty loud. Clack/creak. Like something is moving or not seated correctly.
Does it when braking or accelerating at any moderate intensity. You?

I dropped it off this am and they're going to get on it right away.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Mine is pretty loud. Clack/creak. Like something is moving or not seated correctly.

Mine is more when the suspension cycles. Braking doesn't do it. I'll be interested in hearing what they tell you.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Always when dealing with suspension you should re-check torque. I was amazed when I went back to retorque all my bolts how they had slacked off after settling. I wouldn't be surprised if they retorque everything and it's fine.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I thought as well. Something settled/shifted and was causing a creak. I dropped it off this am and they called back.... One was loose.

It was the 2" Mopar kit with fox shocks.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I thought as well. Something settled/shifted and was causing a creak. I dropped it off this am and they called back.... One was loose.

It was the 2" Mopar kit with fox shocks.
There ya go, simple fix. Peace of mind.

Davezl1

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out if there’s a way to level the truck with the Mopar kit?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out if there’s a way to level the truck with the Mopar kit?
The 2" Mopar kit isn't able to level, because the rear of most 1500's is around 2.5" higher... you'll still have a bit of rake. I believe that the Mopar 2" lift only raises the front about 1"5/8.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I haven't found anything either. Would be nice to bring the rear down a bit. An inch would make a sizeable difference.

I don't mind the rake, but a little less would be perfect.

Attachments

• 20190120_151703.jpg
    20190120_151703.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 145

Filet

Reaction score
I bought the Mopar / Fox lift. Putting it on next week. I really wan to level though. Any thoughts on how to lift and level?

mpmitch1

Reaction score
A guy on ramforum.com added a rough country spacer to his mopar lift to level it. He claims no problems. Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A guy on ramforum.com added a rough country spacer to his mopar lift to level it. He claims no problems. Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?
Depends. Is he using two spacers? Top hat spacer and pre-load combo? As long as the total lift is less than 3.5" it should be fine. Anyone doing any front lifts should be educating themselves about proper shaft and balljoint angles before attempting the work.

mpmitch1

Reaction score
Depends. Is he using two spacers? Top hat spacer and pre-load combo? As long as the total lift is less than 3.5" it should be fine. Anyone doing any front lifts should be educating themselves about proper shaft and balljoint angles before attempting the work.
Just 2 spacers

austin8hass

Reaction score
I have a two inch Mopar Lift on my 2019 Ram. I was experiencing a squeaking noise from the front end when going over bumps. After numerous attempts of bringing it to the dealership and them telling me they could not replicate the noise, I brought it to a specialized lift shop. Turns out that the mechanic at the dealership cut corners when installing the Mopar lift on the driver front wheel.

The specialized lift shop took apart the entire braking system on the driver front wheel. They noticed the upper control arm nuts were not installed properly and rubbing on the wire harness. Additionally, the rear was not installed properly either and was rubbing against the brake line. The Cable was also rubbing on the steering shaft. This was all causing the squeaking noise when going over bumps.

After they fixed this, the squeaking noise went away and I haven't heard it since.

Hope this helps you troubleshoot.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. What the heck, where was THIS dealership as everyone needs to be aware to avoid this place !

austin8hass

Reaction score
^^^^. What the heck, where was THIS dealership as everyone needs to be aware to avoid this place !
Minnesota Twin Cities Metro area for the two dealerships I went to over a dozen times. Highly recommend staying away from dealerships for modifications -don't make the same mistake I made...

Rustin5

Reaction score
I know a lot of you stated the noise was coming from the front and I had a similar issue after install. Got under the truck while wife attempted to rock it back and forth bc my creak was on acceleration and braking as welll. Ended up being 2 out of the 4 rear control arms not torqued properly. One of them I could spin the nut by hand. Since then I’ve had to retorque them twice. I’m now wondering if the joints in them have gone bad

Users who are viewing this thread