5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift...am i dumb??

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want a 2" lift for my Ram 1500...Am i dumb for wanting to spend the money on a mopar 2" lift? Is there a beter option? Just wanting the best ride and warranty integrity.
As long as you understand, even using the Mopar lift, it will still effect your suspension warranty. Most Mopar parts only come with a 12 month warranty, and that's only when installed by dealer. The "factory" warranty on the parts replaced is gone. Doesn't matter what kit you go with.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd suggest Bilstein 6112/5100F/5100's R along with their rear coils or ICON coils and call it a day. No need to upgrade UCA's either. I ran this exact setup a couple times a rode great!

Bobbybob

Reaction score
How is your mileage? Tire make much noise?
If you are looking to put a lift on it and bigger tires, I would try and move past the mileage concern. You are def going to take a hit for sure. I am getting about 17 mpg on the highway if I am lucky lol. There is a little diff in road noise but I more from the tires. Here is my setup too.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.21.07 AM.png

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I want a 2" lift for my Ram 1500...Am i dumb for wanting to spend the money on a mopar 2" lift? Is there a beter option? Just wanting the best ride and warranty integrity.
Not dumb at all. Its a normal and pretty popular level man. thousands of people have it and nothing wrong with it. havnt read or heard many complaints at all from the Mopar strut level. I personally went with Bilstein 6112 strut and spring in front and 5100 shocks in rear. and the ride quality actually got better, as well as the look! i absolutely love it.

mrclortho

Reaction score
...figured I would update you on the 3.5" ReadyLift. It performed good in the mountains last week and still rides like stock. The stock shocks leave something to be desired but I knew that going into it.

I am running 35" Nitto Recons...almost silent on road, very good traction off road, and seem to be very tough.

Colorado7.jpg

Colorado4.jpg

Rightside

Reaction score
...figured I would update you on the 3.5" ReadyLift. It performed good in the mountains last week and still rides like stock. The stock shocks leave something to be desired but I knew that going into it.

I am running 35" Nitto Recons...almost silent on road, very good traction off road, and seem to be very tough.

View attachment 169370

View attachment 169371
No noise from the Recon?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rank the Recons a step up over the KO2's. It's a modern computer generated tread that is a great AT.

mrclortho

Reaction score
No noise from the Recon?
When I aired down to 20 psi, they made a slight hum on pavement. When running 40 psi, they are as quiet as the stock tires were.

I have run KO2's for decades and they have been my preferred AT tire, but BFG is pricing themselves out of the market. I paid almost $100 less a tire for the Recons for both my Gladiator and the RAM. In my opinion, the Recons have slightly less wet road traction, but slightly more off-road traction than the KO2s and are tougher.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I aired down to 20 psi, they made a slight hum on pavement. When running 40 psi, they are as quiet as the stock tires were.

I have run KO2's for decades and they have been my preferred AT tire, but BFG is pricing themselves out of the market. I paid almost $100 less a tire for the Recons for both my Gladiator and the RAM. In my opinion, the Recons have slightly less wet road traction, but slightly more off-road traction than the KO2s and are tougher.
KO2s are a bit outdated. They are releasing KO3s officially soon.

Also the overland/ offroad craze starting at 2020 allow them to go high up on the pricing too

Rightside

Reaction score

Quiet as stock? That’s quiet.

Villegasdv

Reaction score
I really want the 2" Mopar lift kit for my 23 truck, but I've called several local dealers here in Socal and the labor cost alone is around 2k! Not sure it's worth it with that high cost of labor. I'm ok spending around $1,800 for the parts, but man, labor is killer!

what kind of labor/install prices have people seen for that kit at the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread