5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" + 2" level and UCA's

Txy

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. Please attach a link if you have one. Some of the posts are 50+ pages long and I wasn't able to find an answer.

I currently have the Mopar 2 inch lift on my non ORP truck with 295/60/R20 (34 inches) nitto ridge grapplers on 20x9 +18's. Front fender measures 39.5" and rear at 41.25". It's been about a year.

I want to add a 2" spacer to the top of the front struts and add Rough Countrys UCA's. Has anyone else done this before. From what I've read it seems like the 2" spacer won't actually add 2 inches on top of the Mopar. I'm hoping it levels out and if it doesn't... maybe add ORP springs to the rear...? I eventually want to put some 35x12 tires in there too. I've only had my tires for about 10k miles/1 year so I might wait a little before buying new tires. I've seen pics of some ORP trucks+2" Mopar+35's and they are sitting at 42.5ish inches to the fender. That's where I want to be at.

Thanks.

Txy

Reaction score
Answered my own question. Updating this thread incase anyone is curious.

I added Wulf 1.5" strut spacer and Rough Countrys forged UCA for 3-3.5" lifts. I think the top spacer is a better option than the ORP springs everyones been doing and its a little cheaper. Also wanted to mention that you don't have to trim the 3 bolts on the top of the strut. The studs don't protrude through the top of the spacer. Initially I thought I would have to.

RC UCA's are nice. BJ angle is good now.

From the ground to the fender
Front sits at 41" even
Rear is at 41.5"

With stock UCA's the front was sitting at at 41.25". So the Wulf spacer added 1.5" like it was supposed to. After adding the RC UCA I lost 1/4". Not sure what happened there, but I'm cool with it. I drove around with both setups to allow both to settle before measuring.

Wulf 1.5" spacer for 13-18 Ram. They fit

EDIT: Front end sitting at 41" even after mods IS 1.5" added with the spacer. Just looked at my pervious post that had the original measurements.

Last edited:

Txy

Reaction score
Before w/ Mopar 2 inch only and after w/ Wulf 1.5" and RC UCA added

Attachments

• 20191023_085035.jpg
    20191023_085035.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201012_120553.jpg
    20201012_120553.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 74

Prime

Reaction score
Looks good , any change in the ride after spacers ?

Txy

Reaction score
Looks good , any change in the ride after spacers ?
It actually rides smoother/softer. After installing the Mopar lift i was kinda disappointed in how stiff it was initially. After a year it softened up a bit, but it was still stiff. After making these mods it seems to be riding a lot smoother. I'm thinking its because of the RC UCA's. Maybe the Mopar UCA's were limiting travel making it rougher...?? I don't know. All I know is that it's smoother now.

Users who are viewing this thread