5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2” rear lowering springs

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to do this mod so bad on my 2020 model. I don't like lifted trucks, so leveling the front is not an option. I have watched a few videos on how to do the 4" drop in the rear but can't find just the 2" drop for the new trucks. Any of you guys make an install video? Just curious.
I am planning on doing a video when I install mine but it should be as simple as getting the rear of the truck up in the air to take the tension off the springs, unbolt them and put the new ones in.

Talpa

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a video when I install mine but it should be as simple as getting the rear of the truck up in the air to take the tension off the springs, unbolt them and put the new ones in.
Did you do a video?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed maxtrac 2” springs on my 2020 a few days ago. Definitely could tell it lowered the rear. Rides like stock. I pulled them back out and cut 1 full coil off each spring. Now it sits level and I love it. Rides exactly the same as factory.

Attachments

• 036832EA-2CB2-4598-848A-2BC8CDF10C66.jpeg
    036832EA-2CB2-4598-848A-2BC8CDF10C66.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 136

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Mopar_maxi, I have the exact same truck. Can you post different photos? Different angles of the truck? I am doing this to mine as well.

Rock6

Reaction score
Well I have installed the Maxtrac 2" lowering coils along with the Air Lift 1000HD air bags & after 2 weeks on level ground the rear is 1/4 "higher in the rear with 5 lbs of air in the Bags . The ride is just as good as stock even with air bags . Love it , just what I wanted .
2be1ba75ea1becd7a627baec4ab3589a.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you do a video?
Unfortunately no, I ended up selling the springs and getting the full 2/4 kit from Maxtrac. That being said I am actually about to remove that kit and just go with the 2" springs for the rear as ride quality has been subpar and I am tired of the rear end bottoming out over certain bumps in the road that causes my rear passengers to whack their heads on the roof. I'll see what I can do on a video whenever I get around to changing everything back.

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I ended up selling the springs and getting the full 2/4 kit from Maxtrac. That being said I am actually about to remove that kit and just go with the 2" springs for the rear as ride quality has been subpar and I am tired of the rear end bottoming out over certain bumps in the road that causes my rear passengers to whack their heads on the roof. I'll see what I can do on a video whenever I get around to changing everything back.
You have any contacts over there since you ordered 2 kits from them already and about to get another? Maybe a group buy kinda deal? Just a thought!

ChrisSRT

Reaction score
Sorry just poked my head to the site today and yes 3/4 of turn gave me 1/2”. Some trucks may be different i cut 1/2 first just to make sure i did not go to low.
Do you have the video link for cutting the rear springs? I have the same springs and am wanting to go little lower myself.

Users who are viewing this thread