5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2” rear lowering springs

osage91

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mopar has plans to produce a 2” rear lowering kit? It would be nice to be able to level out the truck for the street truck crowd too.

robber98

Reaction score
There are several aftermarket kits available. What is the reason for wanting a “Mopar” kit?

osage91

Reaction score
I’ve only send the maxtrac for 2019+, and with that kit many people aren’t getting a true 2” drop.
Plus I’d like to keep the truck as close to factory as possible.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I’ve only send the maxtrac for 2019+, and with that kit many people aren’t getting a true 2” drop.
Plus I’d like to keep the truck as close to factory as possible.
I got the Maxtrac springs and got a full 2”s and the ride was just like the stock ride if not better. I also wanted a stock ride nothing stiff. I even cut 3/4” off them and the ride is still like stock. My wife can’t even tell the difference and she hates the ride of lowered trucks.

osage91

Reaction score
Ok that’s the info I was looking for. You probably convinced me to go the maxtrac route

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Ok that’s the info I was looking for. You probably convinced me to go the maxtrac route
PS I said I lowered the rear another 3/4” but I think I meant I cut 3/4 of spring that gave me another 1/2” drop. It’s been awhile and I forget.

MODJUNKIE

Reaction score
PS I said I lowered the rear another 3/4” but I think I meant I cut 3/4 of spring that gave me another 1/2” drop. It’s been awhile and I forget.
I just installed the 2” rear lowering coils and it definitely looks better but I am wanting a true level. Are you satisfied with cutting the extra 3/4” off or would you still like to cut more off?

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I just installed the 2” rear lowering coils and it definitely looks better but I am wanting a true level. Are you satisfied with cutting the extra 3/4” off or would you still like to cut more off?
I’m happy right now it’s only 1/4” higher I’m waiting to see if they settle anymore. It looks pretty level you have to really look hard to notice. I have never put anything in the back yet I’m curious if I put something heavy or tow something if they will settle a little more.

MODJUNKIE

Reaction score
I am still trying to decide whether or not I want to cut enough off to level completely. You make a good point about towing though and I may just take the xtra 3/4” off. From the videos I’ve seen it’s one complete turn equals 3/4’’ down. Is this what you mean by “I cut 3/4 of spring that gave me another 1/2” drop”.

agjr85

Reaction score
4th gen rear lowering coils works.
Mcgaughy's , Accessory Partner, Max trac
There is not Mopar one at this time.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I am still trying to decide whether or not I want to cut enough off to level completely. You make a good point about towing though and I may just take the xtra 3/4” off. From the videos I’ve seen it’s one complete turn equals 3/4’’ down. Is this what you mean by “I cut 3/4 of spring that gave me another 1/2” drop”.
Sorry just poked my head to the site today and yes 3/4 of turn gave me 1/2”. Some trucks may be different i cut 1/2 first just to make sure i did not go to low.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the Maxtrac springs? I tried googling it, but I only see the 2/4 drop kit. I want to lower the rear, but I don't want it completely level. I'd like the rear to be about an 1" taller than the front.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the Maxtrac springs? I tried googling it, but I only see the 2/4 drop kit. I want to lower the rear, but I don't want it completely level. I'd like the rear to be about an 1" taller than the front.

Ordering tip - In addition to the 10% discount you get when you add the item to your cart, if you fill out the order form and wait a while before you complete your order they will email you a coupon code for an additional 5% discount. My total shipped cost was just under $141.

sawyer84

Reaction score
@jloops that an awesome tip man, thanks! As for the springs, I saw those, but they are made by Pro Suspension. Since people were talking about Maxtrac springs, I thought they had their own brand.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@jloops that an awesome tip man, thanks! As for the springs, I saw those, but they are made by Pro Suspension. Since people were talking about Maxtrac springs, I thought they had their own brand.

Not exactly sure but I think those two companies/ sites are related.

sawyer84

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and ordered the springs last night. Hopefully they get here in time to install Friday or Saturday. @jloops, I appreciate the help.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I want to do this mod so bad on my 2020 model. I don't like lifted trucks, so leveling the front is not an option. I have watched a few videos on how to do the 4" drop in the rear but can't find just the 2" drop for the new trucks. Any of you guys make an install video? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread