5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modify Bump Stops with Level

YngwieL

Reaction score
I haven't seen any on mine, but imho, they are doing what they were designed to do. I personally wouldn't put to much into it (if you're leveled). that's why they are there from my understanding.

Last edited:

clazer

Reaction score
My its doing the same thing and its stock did you took the teuck to the dealer
It shouldn’t do it if it’s stock. Turn it all the way to one side and see where the contact point is. If you have a friend move the wheel while you watch, may be easier.

Ryncody

Reaction score
I have this problem as well, I have the bilstein 5100, shop set them on 7, and 1.5" spacers on rear. My issue is, when I hit railroad tracks, it sounds like the struts ate loose , or banging, upon looking I found my lowers are hitting the knuckles, I'm not sure if that's the sound I'm hearing, I don't have off road group and not a rebel. I have 4x4 southwest edition , which comes with skid plates and tow hooks, but no lift from factory. Bilstein says my truck is ok at #7, and I don't need ucas. The shop that did them, well so busy that I gotta leave truck for 2 days. Any advice??

clazer

Reaction score
The nubs referred to in this thread have nothing to do with driving straight over a bump. Only affect you at max turn. Mine made the noise you’re talking about from a loose sway bar link.

Ryncody

Reaction score
The nubs referred to in this thread have nothing to do with driving straight over a bump. Only affect you at max turn. Mine made the noise you’re talking about from a loose sway bar link.
Yes, I was thinking the same, I do have those same rub marks as the ones on the tread. The sound I hear sounds like I'm slamming down on the frame, or struts loose.

Newramesses

Reaction score
All you did was a level? What did you use? Wouldn't think you'd be having issues with just a level :unsure:
Hey new here i had 3 in rc kit installed on my 19 classic and the lower control arm rubs the bumps on the knuckle iwas told not to go full lock on turns never thought about grinding them down. Thanks

clazer

Reaction score
First off- welcome!
Second, if you have a 2019 classic, it’s a 4th gen, not 5th.
Last, After 2.5 years, no actual issues with the contact from the arms.

PJO68

Reaction score
Just curious, is everyone with a leveling kit (air suspension or standard coil) seeing the same metal contact/wear that is posted in the pictures above?
I have the same issue with my 2020 Laramie with the leveling kit.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know you're new. But you're probably not going to get an answer from a 4 year old thread.

Users who are viewing this thread