5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model 3? I Don't Think so - New 1500 Limited instead

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Hello from the Philly burbs.

Long ago, I put my name into the Tesla Model 3 queue. I put a ton of miles on my car a year, I wanted a nice screen, lots of features, and smooth drivability. Fast forward to time to buy it, I nope'd out of that idea. I wanted something beefier, and Model 3s left much to desire.

Hadn't looked much into the new 1500s until Nov. Offers weren't what I wanted. This month, my inspection on my old SUV was up, so I figured I'd better act fast.

Emailed a local volume Ram dealer, gave them every price I wanted, and even Mopar coverage part number (+ Zeigler price), and they matched it all.

3fw9HbZ.jpg

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. That's the truck I want... more pics please!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very good sir, thank you!

If you're inclined to track fuel economy, I'd like to know how it does for ya.

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Welcome to 5thGenRams forum and thanks for joining us! Great-looking truck!

wthomps79

Reaction score
I'm just amazed you got a dealer to get back to you via email or phone! Most don't seem to care unless you physically walk through the door, even then its a toss up.

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I'm just amazed you got a dealer to get back to you via email or phone! Most don't seem to care unless you physically walk through the door, even then its a toss up.

Yeah, I had quite a few of those.

There were many dealerships that replied back with simple template replies. Others that wouldn't give me discounted price on a first reply. All those lost out on a sale, and I bet there are backend offers on the table to hit a higher sales mark on volume going into fiscal Q4 of FCA.

Being that there are about 3 dozen dealerships in the area, all with the same spec trucks, it's pretty competitive.

Working in the realm of sales day to day, I'm not one for long hangling sessions. Make a sales guy know that if they take your fair offer, you'll buy immediately.

It's 2019, outside of checking trade-in value and test drive, there's no need to go onsite before signing. If the #s don't pan out, they are basically wasting our time requiring us to be in.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
It's 2019, outside of checking trade-in value and test drive, there's no need to go onsite before signing. If the #s don't pan out, they are basically wasting our time requiring us to be in.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new Ram! BTW, I operate the same way you do and have for years.

Users who are viewing this thread