5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mod to watch video on screen

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm. CarPlay pretty locked down. I’ve used the RAX Jailbraker but don’t know if they have something for this series of radios yet. And screw only video while parked I have a full gen 4 Apple TV which I can airplay or mirror anything I want anytime.

Last edited:

Socks

Reaction score
If its android then yes. There is an older version of android auto you can download and then inside of developer options itll let you mirror your phone. The only downside is it will not let you touch the infotainment system to control the phone. You can get that function with a root but as of now I am not going to do this.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s not a unconnect radio so I don’t think we’re talking the same language. Video on my Hyundai much different animal than with these systems. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Socks

Reaction score
That’s not a unconnect radio so I don’t think we’re talking the same language. Video on my Hyundai much different animal than with these systems. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Idk what weird things these guys are doing in the videos here or how it's related. But you should be able to mirror your phone to uconnect. I can mirror my phone to my GM and my friends Ford Sync 3. As long as it can run android auto, it should work. Maybe I'll go test at a dealership or if I can find which of my neighbors got the new Laramie.

Fly_Guy07

Reaction score
I have been talking to the guys at NAViKS. They plan to have a solution for video in motion or true screen mirror released in the next 6-8 weeks. I purchased their video in motion wire harness for my 2017 Colorado and it worked flawless. Excited to see what they come up with.

Jmario254

Reaction score
I have been talking to the guys at NAViKS. They plan to have a solution for video in motion or true screen mirror released in the next 6-8 weeks. I purchased their video in motion wire harness for my 2017 Colorado and it worked flawless. Excited to see what they come up with.
Did you end up intalling the naviks kit?

gisboro

Reaction score
Just got word from Costaltech that the 2019 will have it's own lockpick in the next 15 days. We were discussing my 8.4 screen so I can't say for certain if the 12" will be getting anything, but things are moving in the right direction. The v2 they have out now may work but is not truly compatible, this new one will be 100% compatible.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I know it's coming down the queue from PAC. I've had the technical explanation of why its difficult to work with. The video signal is completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread