5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mod to make mirror lights dual running and signal

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
I am a long time Dodge/Ram owner but just purchased my first new new truck about 2 weeks ago and wanting to make some changes. I am looking for a mod to make the mirror lights become dual running lights and turn signal lights. I have found one for tow mirrors but not the 2021 non-tow mirrors.

This is what I found but will not work for what I need.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am a long time Dodge/Ram owner but just purchased my first new new truck about 2 weeks ago and wanting to make some changes. I am looking for a mod to make the mirror lights become dual running lights and turn signal lights. I have found one for tow mirrors but not the 2021 non-tow mirrors.

The description says TOW MIRRORS and SMALL MIRRORS so it appears they are the same kit. The YouTube videos confirm they will work fine on your mirrors.

Last edited:

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
The description says TOW MIRRORS and SMALL MIRRORS so it appears they are the same kit. The YouTube videos confirm they will work fine on your mirrors.
I sent them a message due to the listing only saying 2019 and 2020. They responded back saying that it would not work on the 21 models.. not sure why, as far as i can see they are the same mirrors. Didn't want to buy it and put the time in and not work.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I sent them a message due to the listing only saying 2019 and 2020. They responded back saying that it would not work on the 21 models.. not sure why, as far as i can see they are the same mirrors. Didn't want to buy it and put the time in and not work.
I would bet money that it works just fine. They just haven’t tested it to confirm yet and are being super cautious. There are zero differences between the 20 and 21 when it comes to something as simple as this.

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
I would bet money that it works just fine. They just haven’t tested it to confirm yet and are being super cautious. There are zero differences between the 20 and 21 when it comes to something as simple as this.
It's not expensive, so I may go ahead and get it and hope that it works. I'll try and update back here with the results. Thanks!

dtlrshp

Reaction score

It looks like a simple diode, wires, and inline fuses, you can probably DIY it. I used these https://amzn.to/35GgZ3f for my aux reverse lights with a switch to turn them on independently as well. Sounds like you're trying to achieve something similar; you'd just hardwire the running light in lieu of a switch

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
Just realized they changed their response to my original question to now include the 21 models. Initially they told me it would not work.

reply.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just realized they changed their response to my original question to now include the 21 models. Initially they told me it would not work.

View attachment 79532
I am telling you that they will work. The person you are communicating with has no clue since 2021 doesn't show up on their website. You have to talk to the people in the know. See below:

2021-01-16_09-27-55.jpg

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the Tazer DT can do this?

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
I am telling you that they will work. The person you are communicating with has no clue since 2021 doesn't show up on their website. You have to talk to the people in the know. See below:

View attachment 79751
Got it installed last night. They work and look great! Install was a bit tricky not not horrible.

truck mirrors.jpg

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
Did you run into any issues taking the door panels and such apart? I like this idea but I get nervous taking interior pieces like that off.
I went and got plastic trim removal tools. Some of the clips were extremely difficult to get out. Overall nothing was damaged and put back together nicely. Just have to have patience and small hands to run the wires.

Runningram

Reaction score
Do you happen to remember the model number of the kit you purchased. I purchased a kit for the dual function and it is different then the kit they have on the video for the installation. My kit is a model#1842A from boost. Just trying to make sure I have the correct kit. Installing on the weekend and customer service is out till Monday. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread