5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moaning, groaning, squeaky brakes

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I know it is (was?) a common issue and a TSB was released but my question is, what was the actual cause?

My 2019, when it is generally cold (below freezing) and wet/damp out, and backing out of the driveway in reverse, the brakes SQUEAL like crazy. So loud that it would wake the neighbours. Even though my brakes dont need replacing, I would do it to address this issue. But what's the cause? Pads? Rotors?

Thanks

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it is (was?) a common issue and a TSB was released but my question is, what was the actual cause?

My 2019, when it is generally cold (below freezing) and wet/damp out, and backing out of the driveway in reverse, the brakes SQUEAL like crazy. So loud that it would wake the neighbours. Even though my brakes dont need replacing, I would do it to address this issue. But what's the cause? Pads? Rotors?

Thanks
Poor design!

Moosefire66

Reaction score
There's a 50 dollar part you can buy and install that is supposed to be Rams cure for that problem. Don't have a link anymore but I'm sure some googling will help, or someone gere will chime in

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I recently installed the anti moan brake kit (Part # 68446866AA) on my ‘19 and it has completely silenced the rear brake noise. Very easy to install and well worth the $63 I paid for the kit shipped. Others have stated that the noise can possibly come back after a few years, so we’ll see how it holds up. For now, I’m just glad to be rid of that annoying noise.

49753a339f60814b8101d6dfc0066247.jpg

511a874248141e171ca81146858238ab.jpg

The bracket and clamp in the kit reinforce the caliper by securing it to the axle, which reduces vibration/noise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having the same issue on my 2020 but when googling that part number, this is what I find, not the bracket/u-bolt combo. Any advice? 68415319AA-4-BAK.jpg

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I recently installed the anti moan brake kit (Part # 68446866AA) on my ‘19 and it has completely silenced the rear brake noise. Very easy to install and well worth the $63 I paid for the kit shipped. Others have stated that the noise can possibly come back after a few years, so we’ll see how it holds up. For now, I’m just glad to be rid of that annoying noise.

49753a339f60814b8101d6dfc0066247.jpg

511a874248141e171ca81146858238ab.jpg

The bracket and clamp in the kit reinforce the caliper by securing it to the axle, which reduces vibration/noise.
WTF??? I thought you were joking! That C clamp is their fix???? wow.....

Is this kit for the rear brakes only? I haven't been able to isolate if my front or rear brakes are the issue but it does "appear" to be the rears

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
WTF??? I thought you were joking! That C clamp is their fix???? wow.....

Is this kit for the rear brakes only? I haven't been able to isolate if my front or rear brakes are the issue but it does "appear" to be the rears

Yes, it is a crude design but it works. It was actually issued with TIB 05-002-19. This kit is for the rear brakes only. 1x of that part # will do both sides. There were times were I couldn’t tell for sure whether the sound was coming from the front or rear, but it was definitely just the rear as I have not heard any moan since installing this kit.

There was another TIB (05-001-19) issued for this problem that involves replacing the rear brake pads, caliper adapters, pins and bolts.

Having the same issue on my 2020 but when googling that part number, this is what I find, not the bracket/u-bolt combo. Any advice? View attachment 127084

That site is just using an incorrect image on the product page. Most of the Mopar parts sites don’t even show a photo for the part #. I can assure you part # 68446866AA is the correct part # for the bracket/u-bolt kit.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just quit pushing on the big wide pedal and use the skinny one on the right. No more squeak.

deese

Reaction score
Mines heading back to the dealer next week for some unrelated warranty work. Talked to them today about seeing if they can get this resolved also on the same visit. Glad I ran across this post.

Vdubbry

Reaction score
I had my dealer order that kit and it will be performed under warranty. Does anyone else have the rear brakes squeaking even when driving, not just the moan/groan when in reverse or cold? Mine squeak ridiculously and it only has 9,000 miles. I'm hoping this kit takes care of that also but they gave me some bs about the pads are "semi=metallic"

Users who are viewing this thread