5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing keys at rail yard

Spud99

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 2500 crew cab with a Cummins on 8/10 and It is stuck in El Mirage Rail Yard/Phoenix because of missing keys. Has anyone heard of this problem ... supposedly 27 rail cars have cars with missing keys.

Spud

Jafromwi

Reaction score
You'd think they would send a tech and start programming keys. Keys go missing all the time and they don't just forget about the vehicles. Sounds like a story to me.

Spud99

Reaction score
You'd think they would send a tech and start programming keys. Keys go missing all the time and they don't just forget about the vehicles. Sounds like a story to me.
I insisted they start making new emergency keys since they have the vin. But they said it was a Stellantis problem and Stellantis had to replace the fob. Its bee sitting in the yard for a month now..... I get a unload date which they never keep and have pushed the dates out three times now.... It does make one wonder but the dealership and I have the same motivation... get the car to the dealership and then off the lot!

Cprospersr

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 2500 crew cab with a Cummins on 8/10 and It is stuck in El Mirage Rail Yard/Phoenix because of missing keys. Has anyone heard of this problem ... supposedly 27 rail cars have cars with missing keys.

Spud
I ordered mine on 8/1, it just left mexico... hoping I don't have that issue when it gets to the mpls. Railyard. Maybe I'll get it 7 months after the order was accepted.

XxSnobsxx

Reaction score

Spud
I too placed an order for a 2022 Cummins 2500 months ago on 9/16. It arrived in el mirage on 12/26 but the delivery date has been pushed back 3 times since then. My dealer sent me a screenshot with their info just saying “bad rail car”… not sure what that means but they keep insisting that the truck will be unloaded from the train soon and on the way to the dealership.

Anyone please let me know if you have heard of anything else going on as to why these delays are happening. The key theory makes more sense to me than a bad rail car…

Spud99

Reaction score
I too placed an order for a 2022 Cummins 2500 months ago on 9/16. It arrived in el mirage on 12/26 but the delivery date has been pushed back 3 times since then. My dealer sent me a screenshot with their info just saying “bad rail car”… not sure what that means but they keep insisting that the truck will be unloaded from the train soon and on the way to the dealership.

Anyone please let me know if you have heard of anything else going on as to why these delays are happening. The key theory makes more sense to me than a bad rail car…
Thank You!! Have you finally gotten your truck?

Users who are viewing this thread