5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing front resonator?

Cory2081

Reaction score
Just got a 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew with the Night package a couple weeks ago. Been doing some research on modifications, especially exhaust, and have discovered that mine does not have the front resonator. I was wondering why mine seemed louder than the videos I've seen of stock systems. Anyone else notice theirs didn't come with a front resonator? I've seen where some are coming with the GT exhaust but from what I can tell the part numbers on the rest of the exhaust are non-GT.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I've seen, they removed the front resonators after the 2019s. Some 2020s had them, but most didn't.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
My 2020 did have the resonator. After I put my Corsa system on I went back later and ordered Corsa's resonator delete pipe. Removing the resonator made little to no difference at all. Probably why the factory stopped using them.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Later year 2020 and newer trucks didn’t come with one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi22

Reaction score
Just got a 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew with the Night package a couple weeks ago. Been doing some research on modifications, especially exhaust, and have discovered that mine does not have the front resonator. I was wondering why mine seemed louder than the videos I've seen of stock systems. Anyone else notice theirs didn't come with a front resonator? I've seen where some are coming with the GT exhaust but from what I can tell the part numbers on the rest of the exhaust are non-GT.
My 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 did not have one either. I was thinking about a resonator delete pipe when I installed the Corsa Catback system but didn’t see one when I got under the truck. I really was unsure if it would make that much of a sound difference anyway.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now I'm curious if mine has one. The engine noise up front sounds more raw, tinny and raspy on a cold start. Not a mellow rumble.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you really missing it? As others have said, late model year 2020 and up don't have them. As far as the resonator delete pipe, much cheaper to go to an exhaust shops and just have them cut it out and replace with a piece of pipe than spending the money on a name brand delete pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online