5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missed Opportunities

Bigbags85

Reaction score
After having the truck for a little over a month now, I love it but I feel there are a couple of missed opportunities for options. Both of my issues (at least off the top of my head right now) are very minor but I think they could've easily been added. I really feel that instead of the "Bass, Mid, Treble" adjustments they really should've but an equalizer in the Uconnect system. And why aren't the rear windows automatic up/down (maybe they are on the limiteds)? Just seems kind of odd that these two things have been left out of the design. Other than these two very minor things currently I have no other complaints about the truck. It drives like a dream and I feel is really well planned out from a design standpoint.

Edit: I knew there was another thing when I wrote this that I couldn't remember. Why is there no separate temperature setting for the back? Seems odd. Something else I noticed recently was that AC can't be on with the heat when the auto temp is set.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by a dealer when ordering my daughter's Ram that they can't do it - nor any manufacture - due to child safety in the rear seat. We were told a child could have their arm sticking out the window and the automatic rear windows would pinch their arm. I asked what the difference was between me rolling the window up on my grandson's arm and an automatic window...his response was one was my liability and the other could become the manufacturer's liability. ;)

I don't know if it is true but it was sufficient for us - coupled with the "No, it isn't an option."

Bigbags85

Reaction score
children ride in the rear
if you have auto up you would then need to add another function to stop the window if a child put their head or arm in the way
Maybe they passed some sort of law recently to remove them from vehicles then? My 2011 Maxima has rear auto up/down. Unless RAM was maybe too cheap to put a pressure sensor in the window?

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was told by a dealer when ordering my daughter's Ram that they can't do it - nor any manufacture - due to child safety in the rear seat. We were told a child could have their arm sticking out the window and the automatic rear windows would pinch their arm. I asked what the difference was between me rolling the window up on my grandson's arm and an automatic window...his response was one was my liability and the other could become the manufacturer's liability. ;)

I don't know if it is true but it was sufficient for us - coupled with the "No, it isn't an option."
My 2010 Audi has auto-up on all four windows. Maybe they changed the law since 2010? Because, god forbid a dealer (car salesman) tell a lie. :ROFLMAO:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2010 Audi has auto-up on all four windows. Maybe they changed the law since 2010? Because, god forbid a dealer (car salesman) tell a lie. :ROFLMAO:
Based upon the links below, his words appeared to be based upon what NHTSA reviewed...it still leaves open the potential manufacture liability thus the reason they don't have express-up for the rear windows.

Last edited:

MontFla

Reaction score
My Dog is smarter than most kids lol. I always watch the Kelpie dog when she is in the backseat. She is highly trained but knows how to roll the window down!! Kelpie is a cross between a border collie and a dingo!!! A street smart border collie

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might try Car Toys or some other company that installs alarm systems. Back in the day, when I worked at Best Buy, we used to install a module that would make all four windows one touch up and down. This was back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. Of course that was part of an alarm system, but these days who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread