5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto Catch Can - Hose Part Question

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Is this the right set of hoses for the Mishimoto catch can for the 2019 RAM 1500? It says 09+ on the packaging...

Hose 1.jpg

Glenn54

Reaction score
Following. Hope someone can give you an answer soon. I want to put one on my Ram too.

knightro84

Reaction score
It should work - I don't think anything has really fundamentally changed with the HEMI found in our trucks since 2009 that would affect the mounting and connections on the catch can. The billet technologies catch can that I bought is listed that it will fit the 2009-2019. With the BT can they sent me more than enough hose to make the necessary connections - I actually cut them down a bit.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
If I had ordered this direct from Mishimoto I wouldn't worry, but I took the Amazon route to save a couple pennies and they actually had one... ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Care to show how you have yours set up with this? Honestly, it's not hard to unscrew the catch can from the base to dump it out. I bought Mishimoto's valve and hosing for the bottom of the can, but not sure if I'm going to install it or not...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Care to show how you have yours set up with this? Honestly, it's not hard to unscrew the catch can from the base to dump it out. I bought Mishimoto's valve and hosing for the bottom of the can, but not sure if I'm going to install it or not...

You can easily reach hit and I just put a plastic cup underneath and open the valve. This way it never effects the seal where the can base attaches to the upper mounting section of the can and keeps the can air tight. For $13 it's a far better way to empty your can and great investment. No brainer!

I bought the Mishmito hose and valve and it's terrible and you don't need the hose with our set-up. Their valve is a cheap plastic and it cannot attach to the bottom of the can without installing the hose. Return it and buy the Amazon valve.

RAM_Catch1.jpg

Cross88

Reaction score
Does anyone know the hose size for the catch can? im not really into buying a $200 unit just to catch some oil blow by, when I can get a universal one with the same filtering/baffling for maybe a quarter of the price. it really cant be that hard to find a way to mount a universal one. as long as I can get the proper size hose im pretty sure ill be good.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
A clear can would be hugely helpful. That way you can tell at a glance if you need to service it or not...

Cross88

Reaction score
A clear can would be hugely helpful. That way you can tell at a glance if you need to service it or not...

ive seen some universal ones with a clear hose that runs up the side that indicates the level. thought it was pretty cool.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
You can easily reach hit and I just put a plastic cup underneath and open the valve. This way it never effects the seal where the can base attaches to the upper mounting section of the can and keeps the can air tight. For $13 it's a far better way to empty your can and great investment. No brainer!

I bought the Mishmito hose and valve and it's terrible and you don't need the hose with our set-up. Their valve is a cheap plastic and it cannot attach to the bottom of the can without installing the hose. Return it and buy the Amazon valve.

I bought the Amazon drain plug and installed it today. We'll see how it goes.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought the Amazon drain plug and installed it today. We'll see how it goes.

Two things you need to be sure to do:

1. Take the screw out of the blue handle...put a drop of loctite on it and reinsert the screw
2. Be sure to use Teflon tape on the threads of the valve before you screw it into the bottom of the can

You do these two things and you'll NEVER have an issue!

Ramjack

Reaction score
I installed my Mishimoto catch can today. Installation was no problem. While I was installing it, my ball valve showed up. Apparently there is a link to the wrong part elsewhere on this forum because I ordered based on that other link and the valve won't clear the bottom of the catch can so you cannot open it.

Oh, well. No big deal. I just ordered the correct one that is linked in post #7 above (Thank you @securityguy).

BTW, I'm getting zero noise/hiss from the Mishimoto. The quality of the included hoses seems very good, but they have no markings on them which I suspect means they aren't great. But they seem more than robust enough for this particular application. If my OCD gets me, I may upgrade to transmission oil cooler lines like others have suggested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread