5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misaligned bag?

BluDamon

Reaction score
My tire shop sent me this photo today after installing a leveling kit and 35" tires on my 1500 Limited. They didn't touch the suspension in the rear but noticed that the passenger side bag is misaligned quite a bit whereas the driver's side is straight up and down. I ordered this truck brand new and it only has 2,500 miles on it.

Can any of you folks with air suspension take a look at yours (from the exhaust looking forward) and see what yours looks like?

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpeg
    IMG_1406.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My tire shop sent me this photo today after installing a leveling kit and 35" tires on my 1500 Limited. They didn't touch the suspension in the rear but noticed that the passenger side bag is misaligned quite a bit whereas the driver's side is straight up and down. I ordered this truck brand new and it only has 2,500 miles on it.

Can any of you folks with air suspension take a look at yours (from the exhaust looking forward) and see what yours looks like?

Kinda looks like the bag has fallen out of the cap at the top. That might happen if someone jacked it up by the frame without first upping the bag pressure. Or maybe if it was allowed to leak down to nothing sitting in the dealers lot for awhile. I don't have the air suspension, so I'll defer, but think it definitely looks like something that needs fixed.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Might just be a loose dust sleeve

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked at mine. Both rears go straight up into the cup.

bvigne01

Reaction score
You have air suspension and a leveling kit? Like a spacer kit or just adjustable links? Do you have the off road package ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have air suspension and a leveling kit? Like a spacer kit or just adjustable links? Do you have the off road package ?
I don't think factory air suspension trucks have "ORP". They have different levels of lift they can select, and doing a front level they basically lose one position to gain a higher front lift in noromal ride height mode

BluDamon

Reaction score
Adjustable links in the front only with 2" spacers. It does have the ORP which adds a 1" factory lift even on the air suspension models, and removes the OR2 setting.

bvigne01

Reaction score
What spacer are you running ? I have a longhorn eco diesel with air/off road

Users who are viewing this thread