5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrors

5.7fan

Reaction score
I have a2019 Bighorn with flip up tow mirrors. Can I install power folding mirrors with heat?
How much trouble is it going to be?

Rick J

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but if you go to the search box and type in convert tow mirrors to power fold you will get all the info you need. Lots of threads discussing this.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the route you need to go.

This is going to be my next project.

RAMVW

Reaction score
I installed the Infotainment mirror kit a while back. Good company with great support. Everything was all Mopar parts brand new in the box. They include their Genie programmer and bypass module also. These are necessary so that the truck will recognise the new mirrors. Be aware of one thing though. Theses mirrors, at least the set I received, do not have the tilt in reverse feature. This is something I can live without though.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I just installed that infotainment.com package last weekend. As RAMVW said, the parts are all Mopar (except the bypass/obdgenie). Install was very easy. Take a look at the embedded video on their product page which has great install instructions.

I did have a CEL after the OBD update, but it eventually went away (took an hour/90 min or so and a few starts troubleshooting with their tech support). No issues after or since.

And correct, the mirrors do not tilt when you go into reverse. However, if you have the auto-dimming rearview mirror, your drivers side outside mirror will also dim (passenger mirrors don’t dim, which is silly, but okay).

jmr

Reaction score
For those that installed the kit. Are the mirrors heated too? Do you know the part # for the left and right door modules. I already have the mirrors and switch installed but need to genie and the 2 door modules.

jmr

Reaction score
I found the part numbers for the door modules and other parts.
6842179AB Left Front Door Module
6842178AB Right Front Door Module
68262252AC Left Front Switch:
68276501AC Left Mirror (Heated, Power Fold, Puddle Light, Turn Signal, Auto Dim)
68276500AC Right Mirror (Heated, Power Fold, Puddle Light, Turn Signal)
6RP44GW7AA Right Outside Mirror Cover White
6RP45GW7AA Left Outside Mirror Cover White

Last edited:

jmr

Reaction score
Got the OBDGenie and door modules today in the mail and installed them. Success!!! power fold, auto dim and heated mirrors work.
For grins I ran the Genie before I installed the door modules. The power fold switch and mirrors had been installed several months ago.
It didn't work so the door modules will have to be replaced in order to enable this option.

kjn86

Reaction score
Got the OBDGenie and door modules today in the mail and installed them. Success!!! power fold, auto dim and heated mirrors work.
For grins I ran the Genie before I installed the door modules. The power fold switch and mirrors had been installed several months ago.
It didn't work so the door modules will have to be replaced in order to enable this option.
Where did you get the modules and ODB genie from? I am in the same situation you were in. Replaced mirrors only and am interested just adding heat personally. Don't care about the power fold but will take it. Any advice on achieving this and lessons learned is appreciated.

fireman-175

Reaction score
I found the part numbers for the door modules and other parts.
6842179AB Left Front Door Module
6842178AB Right Front Door Module
68262252AC Left Front Switch:
68276501AC Left Mirror (Heated, Power Fold, Puddle Light, Turn Signal, Auto Dim)
68276500AC Right Mirror (Heated, Power Fold, Puddle Light, Turn Signal)
6RP44GW7AA Right Outside Mirror Cover White
6RP45GW7AA Left Outside Mirror Cover White
so, are these the Mopar parts that are in the aftermarket company package? Has anyone determined if one way or the other is cheaper (individual parts or infotainment?

Rich51

Reaction score
I went the route it sounds like you did, but when I attempt to power fold the mirrors they will try and close and open twice before stopping. Did you have to leave the OBDgenie plugged in? I am trying to figure out what went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/