5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Dimmer

x50

Reaction score
I assume the auto-dimming rear view mirror auto-dims by default. I'm not sure what this button does. Does it disable it or enable it?

PXL_20211222_214005574.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I assume the auto-dimming rear view mirror auto-dims by default. I'm not sure what this button does. Does it disable it or enable it?

View attachment 114547
That’s actually the passenger eject button. But due to a recent lawsuit, they had to relabel it in certain states (AZ, CA, DE, FL, NY, WA). Stupid legal stuff.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s actually the passenger eject button. But due to a recent lawsuit, they had to relabel it in certain states (AZ, CA, DE, FL, NY, WA). Stupid legal stuff.

....and then you can use the rear view camera button to see the passenger land on the ground behind the truck. 😱

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness, though, I’m not really sure what it does. I assume it disables the auto dimming function.

Awood05

Reaction score
You have to ‘activate’ the Auto Dimmer. When active it will work as it should. If it’s not active it will not dim.

Reactions: x50

x50

Reaction score
I tested it out on the highway early this morning. Plenty of idiots with high beams on or a crooked shaky headlight where I live. It works! Also, I noticed that both my driver and passenger mirrors dim. My truck is only supposed to have an auto-dimming driver-side mirror. Did they give me a Limited passenger mirror instead of a Laramie one? :unsure:

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tested it out on the highway early this morning. Plenty of idiots with high beams on or a crooked shaky headlight where I live. It works! Also, I noticed that both my driver and passenger mirrors dim. My truck is only supposed to have an auto-dimming driver-side mirror. Did they give me a Limited passenger mirror instead of a Laramie one? :unsure:
Did you check your build sheet? Night Edition package gets "Premium Power Mirrors", whatever that means.

x50

Reaction score
Did you check your build sheet? Night Edition package gets "Premium Power Mirrors", whatever that means.
Nothing to indicate an auto-dimming passenger side mirror. I think all auto-dimming passenger mirrors have blind-spot monitoring and I was able to get BSM in my Level 2 group on the Laramie. This seems to be an error in my favor. Now I don't have to do that mod.

St-na

Reaction score
I tried to deactivate/activate dimmer button on highway and noted no any difference, accept color change for the soft key. My mirrors seems to be deemed all the time, I remember my tow mirrors on my "14 without dimming option, they were horrible at night. I have both mirrors on my '21 with dimming function.

Attachments

• 20230203_110621.jpg
    20230203_110621.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread