5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mileage Updated via Uconnect

ewag

Reaction score
I have that app and have control over remote start, unlock, lights/horns, locate, etc. but that's about all it does. Pretty basic. Last time I had this was on a 2012 Yukon and I swear I think the 2018 app and the 2012 app have the exact same abilities, in fact I think I actually used to get some basic vehicle info feedback on the Yukon way back then.

ewag

Reaction score
I have all the stuff I listed above showing up accurately.

Sucks you can't take a screen shot. I believe ya, but it sure would do my little heart good (maybe cause me more heartburn actually) to be able to see what I'm missing. I guess the part that I'd like about a screen shot is that I could show my dealer what others have and ask them why it's not working for me.

Similarly, I haven't received a monthly report yet. Would think I should have at least gotten once since I was registered w/ Mopar.com on 5/31/18 and here we're almost 8 weeks later. Can you screen shot any part of the monthly report so we can see what that's like?

I'm trying like crazy to make sure it's nothing that I'm doing wrong or haven't done, but so far it just seems like somethings not working in my favor.

RT70808

Reaction score
Guess the $65k MSRP tag doesn't warrant it uh?
Buried in the back of the uConnect 12” user manual:

Monthly Vehicle Health Report
Monthly Vehicle Health Report is a Uconnect service through which a summary of the performance of your vehicle’s key systems will be sent to you every month so you can stay on top of your vehicle’s maintenance needs. This is provided as a convenience to you and does not substitute for your regular maintenance to your vehicle.

In order to provide the monthly Vehicle Health Report, the Uconnect System in your vehicle may collect and transmit vehicle data to SiriusXM Guardian and to FCA, such as your vehicle’s health and performance, your vehicle’s location, your utilization of the features in your vehicle, and other data.

This data collection and transmission begins when you enroll in SiriusXM Guardian and will continue even if you cancel your SiriusXM Guardian subscription unless and until you call SiriusXM Guardian Customer Care and tell us to deactivate your Uconnect system at:
U.S. residents call: 1-844-796-4827
• Canadian residents call: 1-877-324-9091
UCONNECT + SIRIUSXM GUARDIAN 195
Please see the Uconnect Privacy Policy for more informa- tion, located at www.driveuconnect.com/ sirius-xm-guardian/privacy.html (U.S. Residents) or www.driveuconnect.ca (Canadian Residents).

Michael Frank

Reaction score
I traded in my 2017 1500 Limited for a 2019 1500 Limited about a month ago. The new UConnect app had the capability for both "Location" and "Remote" and both worked fine. However the "Info" icon (which is the dashboard which shows mileage, fuel level, tire pressure, etc) was absent, even though it worked fine for my 2017. After a month of wrangling with the SiriusXM Guardian and customer care folks, the "upper level" techs at Sirius called me this morning and said they received work directly from RAM that the 2019 with the 12in console does not currently support this feature. In other words UConnect cannot pull the information from the vehicle because the vehicle does not support it. They had no explanation other than the "theory" that the vehicle was brought to market without that feature implemented yet, and perhaps it may be implemented via an update in the future.
On the Mopar website, my 2019 is correctly registered, but for the same reasons noted above, has shown a mileage of 1 (that's "one", not a typo) since I got the vehicle. The website says the mileage has been updated every date, but still shows 1 every day.
So, SiriusXM has punted the matter back to RAM. They gave me the ticket # for their investigation which I will turn over to the dealer so they can verify the information RAM sent to Sirius and try to determine if the dashboard is ever going to be made functional on the 2019's.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and your time and effort to get it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I traded in my 2017 1500 Limited for a 2019 1500 Limited about a month ago. The new UConnect app had the capability for both "Location" and "Remote" and both worked fine. However the "Info" icon (which is the dashboard which shows mileage, fuel level, tire pressure, etc) was absent, even though it worked fine for my 2017. After a month of wrangling with the SiriusXM Guardian and customer care folks, the "upper level" techs at Sirius called me this morning and said they received work directly from RAM that the 2019 with the 12in console does not currently support this feature. In other words UConnect cannot pull the information from the vehicle because the vehicle does not support it. They had no explanation other than the "theory" that the vehicle was brought to market without that feature implemented yet, and perhaps it may be implemented via an update in the future.
On the Mopar website, my 2019 is correctly registered, but for the same reasons noted above, has shown a mileage of 1 (that's "one", not a typo) since I got the vehicle. The website says the mileage has been updated every date, but still shows 1 every day.
So, SiriusXM has punted the matter back to RAM. They gave me the ticket # for their investigation which I will turn over to the dealer so they can verify the information RAM sent to Sirius and try to determine if the dashboard is ever going to be made functional on the 2019's.
Same here on the “1”.

ewag

Reaction score
But according to firecadet613 is DOES seem to be working for him on his Laramie, so why for him but not me / us? Surely this can't be a Limited problem only? I agree that the Andriod version of the Uconnect app doesn't seem to have any place where it shows (or should show) this info, but when I log onto the website, it clearly shows the mileage as 12. Now I'm over 7k..... RAM Cares rep IMed me and said it's a problem w/ Sirius UConnect and told me to contact them for support. Per my first post, I already explained that I had done that and go the run around. Thinking if I do the run around with them now its going to make a difference? .... doubt it.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im still on 1 as well as listed as only a subscriber still.. Not the owner.

echristi

Reaction score
I am also on 1, listed as a subscriber with a question mark that states:
"You are the undefined subscriber. Please note, however, that the vehicle ownership records we have on file do not match the VIN you entered. If you recently purchased your vehicle, it may take some time to update. "

I have only had my truck 1 week and 2 days, I was hoping this would resolve itself?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am also on 1, listed as a subscriber with a question mark that states:
"You are the undefined subscriber. Please note, however, that the vehicle ownership records we have on file do not match the VIN you entered. If you recently purchased your vehicle, it may take some time to update. "

I have only had my truck 1 week and 2 days, I was hoping this would resolve itself?
I have had mine for 2 months and was hoping the same and it hasn't

Michael Frank

Reaction score
But according to firecadet613 is DOES seem to be working for him on his Laramie, so why for him but not me / us? Surely this can't be a Limited problem only? I agree that the Andriod version of the Uconnect app doesn't seem to have any place where it shows (or should show) this info, but when I log onto the website, it clearly shows the mileage as 12. Now I'm over 7k..... RAM Cares rep IMed me and said it's a problem w/ Sirius UConnect and told me to contact them for support. Per my first post, I already explained that I had done that and go the run around. Thinking if I do the run around with them now its going to make a difference? .... doubt it.
The UConnect folks said the dashboard was not supported by the 2019 RAM with the 12in console. The 12in console is an available option for the Laramie, but not standard equipment. If firecadet613 has a 2019 Laramie with the 12in console that would contradict what the UConnect folks have told me. In any case, I turned over the information to the dealership this morning and they are already contacting RAM to get to the bottom of it. I will update as soon as I receive a response.

Michael Frank

Reaction score
This is a followup on the issue of the UConnect dashboard not being supported by the 12in console in the 2019 RAM. I received a call from the dealer this morning. They had received RAM's reply confirming that indeed the issue exists as reported, that RAM knew about it (!!!), that they planned to fix it at some point but had no schedule for the fix, which might even be as late as first quarter 2019. The dealer acknowledged that the lack of support was one problem, but a problem equal or more serious was that they weren't telling anybody (dealers or customers) about it up front. I'm pretty steamed about having wasted so much time chasing around trying to fix a problem which RAM knew about the whole time and for which they knew there was no solution at this time. One thing I will suggest to the dealer is that the SiriusXM Guardian trial year should be extended so that the clock doesn't start running until RAM gets this thing fixed so that the one year trial involves the full capability of the product. Anybody else have a better or different suggestion?

ewag

Reaction score
Michael, this is infuriating to read after all the run around you went through and that RAM knows about it. Glad you have a good service dealership to help you out. Thanks for posting what you've learned..... please keep the post updated if anything new happens.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty upsetting. I buy their halo truck expecting it to be the top of the line and have all the latest and it doesn’t. I hope they do fix it because it is something I want to work.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well this thread probably explains my issues then. :) My dashboard reads 1,150 miles (I actually only have 430). I still don't read as "owner", but instead as "subscriber" with a message saying the VIN doesn't match what they have on file, however, the VIN listed is correct. I keep getting emails saying to finish activation, but I have. Every call I have put in to both uconnect and sirius guardian says I show up correctly on their end, except they see the message about the VIN. No explanation on why or what is happening there. They also couldn't explain how it is showing more miles than I actually have.

My last convo with sirius guardian put me on hold to talk with her "higher up support." 15 minutes later, the call disconnected. Cool. ;)

Joker4L

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to figure this out since July !!! My 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL has all sorts of good info in the Uconnect app yet my 2019 1500 doesn’t tell me anything!! Very disappointing :/. I was thinking about making phone calls to Sirius but after reading this thread I determined I am just not going to have it and to forget about it :/

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
My uconnect app on my Apple iPhone 7s shows this info, all current. My uconnect app on my android does not show all this information.

Attachments

• D504D356-674F-445B-8DD2-31EB65B60EB7.png
    D504D356-674F-445B-8DD2-31EB65B60EB7.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 208CB0D7-B4E6-4CFA-BECA-A81A80D2ED63.png
    208CB0D7-B4E6-4CFA-BECA-A81A80D2ED63.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 71

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an update from my dealer that this appears to still be an issue. I got this email today from my dealer:

I talked to my Ram rep yesterday when he was in and the Health Report as well as the Maintenance Records are not available to activate at this time. We don't know when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/