5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mileage Updated via Uconnect

ewag

Reaction score
Assuming that many of you have a Mopar account that's linked to your truck, and those who have SiriusXM Guardian Active would have a Dashboard that looks similar to this. Note the mileage? I have over 5k miles now, not 12. Until yesterday is actually only showed 5 miles. Here are a few facts:

1. Purchased 5/30 and "everything" was set up within a few days including the RAM site, phone app, SiriusXM radio and Guardian.
2. Uconnect 12" took an update this morning as has been noted already today on other thread. Confirmed update has been installed.
3. Spoke (via chat) w/ Mopar / RAM Cares customer service. They walked me through a bunch of Q&A and diagnostics, ultimately confirming on their end everything seemed to be working correctly, no idea on why the mileage won't update, told me to get in touch w/ SiriusXM
4. Spoke (on the phone) w/ Sirius, when thru that song and dance of questions only to have them tell me that everything on their end is working fine and told me to call Mopar or take the truck to my dealer to see if they can diagnose it
5. Now I'm here....

Interesting to note, the Sirius rep told me they're not aware of any feature thru SiriusXM Guardian or any other service they offer that pulls vehicle mileage and sends it via satellite anywhere else. So IF that's true and if they (or at least that particular person I was talking to) is not aware of their service grabbing info like that, then how is it supposed to get updated on the Mopar website?

So far, no one has told me that it’s NOT supposed to be updated automatically, so I continue to assume it's a problem. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know.

About a week after signing up to Mopar.com I noticed the updates weren't tracking w/ my actual mileage so I e-mailed Uconnect and they said sometimes it just takes a while for everything to get updated. Can't find that e-mail unfortunately, but that's what they said.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it working for you maybe? Any help?

This is somewhat petty of a concern, but I'm paying for it (paid for it when I said "I DO" at the dealership), fair for me to expect it to work correctly, and might be an indication of a different problem.

Mopar Website SS 1.PNG

RT70808

Reaction score
My Jeep was monthly, I expect the same.

4DF243C2-37B7-4256-BC61-365931C28ED1.jpeg

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just logged into my Uconnect/Guardian App - mileage is accurate as of 3 hours ago.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
App on my phone. 3 icons on the bottom of it, it's under the left icon along with tire pressure, etc.

ewag

Reaction score
My app on the iPhone doesn’t show all that stuff is this on a computer?

RBRK .... the image was taken from a website. I'm not aware of this being available anywhere via app, though it sounds like some guys have it.

ewag

Reaction score
Not sure why this all really matters THAT much (as the original poster of the message) ---- I have 12 mos of SXM Guardian and doubt I'll be willing to pay the extra $$ after that to keep the service. It's "neat" but I don't know if it's really worth the money. First time I lock myself out and have to wait to fix that issue I'll probably regret not continuing SXMG service.

Neocane

Reaction score
Once you have to start paying for the service, how much is it?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think after a while they may "Adjust" pricing. For guys like myself though that have major OCD I have to do it because I cant handle a button or feature I have not being available to use no matter how little I use it. I actually paid for Uconnect access and use it a lot. So this one I have used quite a bit also. I was hoping it would be faster than the old Uconnect but it isnt. It still takes forever to get the command. My wife Ford smart link is as fast as if you use the remote. Its awesome. Hope they improve the response time on guardian. It should be faster since the newer trucks have LTE and the older ones were Sprint and 3g

ewag

Reaction score
I think after a while they may "Adjust" pricing. For guys like myself though that have major OCD I have to do it because I cant handle a button or feature I have not being available to use no matter how little I use it.

I think you just diagnosed my problem, why the mileage not updating is bothering me! :LOL:

ewag

Reaction score
So can I assume that "Health Report" feature below would be THE FEATURE that pulls the mileage from the truck and pushes it to the website? If so, the person yesterday I spoke to from SXM (see original post in this thread) must not know what they're talking about. Is there any chance a phone connected to the truck is what's pulling the info?

SXMG Health Report.PNG

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes.. I believe that would be what would do that. Except I don't think our trucks have that feature. If you go to your phone app either guardian or Uconnect access app if the info tab is not there then it doesn't do it. Mine doesn't and neither does my 13. I don't know why the ram gets left out of the fancy stuff. Like the jeeps can see tire pressure and gas level but not RAM.

ewag

Reaction score
Yes.. I believe that would be what would do that. Except I don't think our trucks have that feature. If you go to your phone app either guardian or Uconnect access app if the info tab is not there then it doesn't do it. Mine doesn't and neither does my 13. I don't know why the ram gets left out of the fancy stuff. Like the jeeps can see tire pressure and gas level but not RAM.

Guess the $65k MSRP tag doesn't warrant it uh?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the app!

Fuel level, tire pressure, oil life, mileage and the ability to remote lock, unlock, start and locate the truck.

Decent app, just sloooowww response compared to the Ford app. Can't take a screenshot in the app due to security policy it says.... but this is the app.

K6QVYiz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread