5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Might have some extra cash - need advice

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of selling my bike. Could be as soon as this week depending on one guy I'm talking to. This gives me some surplus cash that I have gotten approval from the wife to spend a portion of on the truck. If I play my cards right it can cover basically everything I want to do to it currently. My biggest issue lies with the suspension. Currently I have a 2" level in the front, but the rear doesn't sit level side to side so I'll have to adjust that.

I have 2 options:
1. Leave the 2" spacers in the front, buy a 3/4" lift for the rear and only install one side to even it out. Then Timber Grove airbags plus a hard wired compressor in the cab. (I've gone this route before and really liked it). This was my original plan as I saved money for truck upgrades. Cost - $550-$600. This option would allow me to buy some speakers, wheels, bed rails, bed extender, and exhaust cutout with the portion I'm allotted.

2. Take out the front spacer and go with the Teraflex Falcon kit with the adjustable rears. I would still have to figure out a way to even out the rear height side to side. Cost - $1500 + install. This option uses my entire allowance.

I do some mild off-road, and the most common payload was my motorcycle. I don't mind a bit of squat if I'm carrying a bed full of mulch/dirt, but would the Falcon shocks keep the truck level with a 600+ pound load in the bed for extended driving? If not I would probably go with the air bags.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hang on.... 3/4" list side-to-side when empty sounds pretty extreme to me. Sounds like a bad spring. Shoving a spacer in there is just a band-aid. If you put a load on, that weak spring is still going to sag more than the other side.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hang on.... 3/4" list side-to-side when empty sounds pretty extreme to me. Sounds like a bad spring. Shoving a spacer in there is just a band-aid. If you put a load on, that weak spring is still going to sag more than the other side.
Yeah I'm trying to figure it out at the moment. I found part numbers for both my springs, they are the same. Another guy I just asked has the same part numbers for his springs, but they're not ORP. I have a local friend with the ORP but non-Rebel who's going to check his springs the next time he has a chance. I've seen a lot of different opinions on the rear list, but I'd like to get it equal if at all possible. My Titan was leveled perfectly at the same height on all 4 corners. Not being the same is driving me insane.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After a lot of consideration I think I'm leaning towards the airbags. I feel bad removing brand new shocks, and it allows me to buy more things that I want. Unless the Falcon kit is just absolutely amazing (doesn't seem like it according to the thread on it), I don't see a need for my purposes right now. Maybe by the time I'm ready to upgrade shocks I can get Icon or DK instead and go full coilovers.

Users who are viewing this thread