5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Best tire I've had... Have them on my wife's jku and had them on my 4th gen, 35-12.50-18 on both vehicles
As soon as the wrangler territorys, that I got when I bought my rims are done, I'm buying the Micky's again. Great wear, wear pattern, low road noise, great ride and great performance off road.

Attachments

• 20210515_172638.jpg
    20210515_172638.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210523_144853.jpg
    20210523_144853.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 121

Rightside

Reaction score
Low road noise is good to hear. My Ridge Grapplers were loud.

How many MPG’s everyone lose?

Ridgerunning Ram

Reaction score
I just changed from Cooper Discovery SST 37x12.50-17 to Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs. I went with the same size. The Thompsons are quiet, smooth riding and have a better response. I only wish I had changed sooner. The Coopers were great for mud. But, I only used the tires in soft soil less than 1% of the time. The Coopers were loud, rode extremely rough and wore a little quick. I do have a lot experience with mudders. The Coopers were as blocky at slow speeds and more noisy than a set of Super Swampers. With the Coopers, it was like I had 2x4's stuck on the treads when rolling at slower speeds. Now, with the Thompsons, I can now actually hear my two in two out Flowmaster! I will see how they wear.

EMCC580

Reaction score
I’ve been running them for 1,000 miles as well and the noise is so very minimal. They look great and have done terrific in the snow. I would’ve gone with Toyo AT3’s had it not been for their long lead time and these just fell into my lap. Time will tell if they get noisier as they wear but I would highly recommend them. Look better than the Toyos also
I am torn between these and at3's. I am interested in the road noise as I had a terrible experience with ridge grapplers and want to stay away from anything that hums. How has the noise been since this post?

mplaramie

Reaction score
I am torn between these and at3's. I am interested in the road noise as I had a terrible experience with ridge grapplers and want to stay away from anything that hums. How has the noise been since this post?
I've got the AT3'S and they are fantastic. Smooth for a 10ply and very little road noise.

Users who are viewing this thread