5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T

Ls15

Reaction score
Anyone running the new Mickey t baja boss a/t and have real world review on them.

BalckBear91

Reaction score
I am liking them so far, they are more aggressive than I expected but they run good. They seem to be more of a Hybrid Tire in my opinion when compared to the BFG AT, or Nitto Ridge grappler. No complaints about handling so far (even in the rain at highway speeds). They do generate slite road noise when compared to the stock tires, but the noise is not overwhelming by any means and is is somewhat expected.

For me, it was between these tires and the Nitto Ridge grapplers. I decided to go with these to be a bit different and I am happy I did! Love the look of the tires!

20210518_182235.jpg 20210521_123841.jpg

Petes_Rebel

Reaction score
Awesome tire so far. I haven't gotten into any mud but they are fine in the rain. Road noise is surprisingly minimal. It was between these and the Ridge Grappler for me as well and I'm glad I went this route.... Everybody has the Ridge Grapplers. Plus these have a treadlife warrenty and are 3PMSF rated for severe weather.

Attachments

• 20210709_131225.jpg
    20210709_131225.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 20210709_131216.jpg
    20210709_131216.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 273

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so far i have the same and was interested in ridge because of the rated f but wont lie this tire handles great in rain snow everything no issues and i load it up often heavy

Jthoma98

Reaction score
I am liking them so far, they are more aggressive than I expected but they run good. They seem to be more of a Hybrid Tire in my opinion when compared to the BFG AT, or Nitto Ridge grappler. No complaints about handling so far (even in the rain at highway speeds). They do generate slite road noise when compared to the stock tires, but the noise is not overwhelming by any means and is is somewhat expected.

For me, it was between these tires and the Nitto Ridge grapplers. I decided to go with these to be a bit different and I am happy I did! Love the look of the tires!

View attachment 94168 View attachment 94169
Do these rub at all? I have a 19 ram 1500 with ready lift level kit wondering what size I can fit without hitting control arm

Morenar

Reaction score
Been running them for 1000 miles now. Not too
loud. Love the aggressive sidewall.

Attachments

• D1E2F952-56E9-428F-93B2-109DB42A9111.jpeg
    D1E2F952-56E9-428F-93B2-109DB42A9111.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 7F2105D8-689D-44FB-B198-61E5A46B3E6F.jpeg
    7F2105D8-689D-44FB-B198-61E5A46B3E6F.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 42A17DB4-24B3-44A1-9D6C-DEBEA511D222.jpeg
    42A17DB4-24B3-44A1-9D6C-DEBEA511D222.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 455

RamRod187

Reaction score
I'm between these and the Toyo AT3's.

Sidewalls on these are friggin bad@$$
I’ve been running them for 1,000 miles as well and the noise is so very minimal. They look great and have done terrific in the snow. I would’ve gone with Toyo AT3’s had it not been for their long lead time and these just fell into my lap. Time will tell if they get noisier as they wear but I would highly recommend them. Look better than the Toyos also

Attachments

• C408EC68-F7DF-4153-8425-BC1F48DBA16F.jpeg
    C408EC68-F7DF-4153-8425-BC1F48DBA16F.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 356

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I’ve been running them for 1,000 miles as well and the noise is so very minimal. They look great and have done terrific in the snow. I would’ve gone with Toyo AT3’s had it not been for their long lead time and these just fell into my lap. Time will tell if they get noisier as they wear but I would highly recommend them. Look better than the Toyos also
What size rubber are you running?

Rogers23

Reaction score
Anyone running these on stock suspension? What fits? I'm on an air ride 4x4 2019 limited. Have some rebel wheel take offs I'm thinking of these for.

KelBzoe

Reaction score
I'm running them on my 2019 for the past few months, haven't had any winter weather experience but so far they've been through a good bit of mud, sand, gravel, and rock with absolutely no trouble at all even without airing down. Plenty quiet and responsive on road yet extremely aggressive off road. Honestly I'm not sure I'd even shop around for other tires when the time comes to replace these as they are by far my favorite tire I've ran so far. Absolutely reccomend in any size, didn't have the level on when I bought the tires so couldn't go real big but in a 275/60r20 on factory wheels they are measuring 33.5 x 11 and tbh I don't think I'd need much more tire than that. They are however quite heavy for the size so that is another thing to keep in mind, took a pretty significant hit to the fuel milage swapping over from factory tires and the weight was also a reason I opted not to go much bigger. The weight comes from the compound, which seems to be very soft and sticky, as well as the extra layers of puncture protection which I accidentally tested on some of the rocks mentioned above, friend of mine on the toyo at3's took a big gash puncture driving the same line as me over the same rocks and I didn't even have so much as a "chip" on my tires.

Reaction score
Been running them for 1000 miles now. Not too
loud. Love the aggressive sidewall.
Wondering if you have an updated review since your Feb post? I noticed your Ferman decal, I'm south of Tampa. I have been researching the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the MT Baja Boss AT's The knock I keep hearing on the Nitto's are the wet road performance, so being from the Tampa area as well, I'm interested to hear about your experiences with the MT's in the rain. Thanks!

Morenar

Reaction score
Wondering if you have an updated review since your Feb post? I noticed your Ferman decal, I'm south of Tampa. I have been researching the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the MT Baja Boss AT's The knock I keep hearing on the Nitto's are the wet road performance, so being from the Tampa area as well, I'm interested to hear about your experiences with the MT's in the rain. Thanks!
Loving the Baja boss tires. For me they are definitely better than the ridge grapplers in the rain. I drove from Tampa to Orlando earlier this year in pouring rain and never felt safer on the road. I would always feel the back end come lose when driving in the rain with the grapplers. Around town they are great especially now during our summer rains. You won’t regret these.

Reaction score
Loving the Baja boss tires. For me they are definitely better than the ridge grapplers in the rain. I drove from Tampa to Orlando earlier this year in pouring rain and never felt safer on the road. I would always feel the back end come lose when driving in the rain with the grapplers. Around town they are great especially now during our summer rains. You won’t regret these.
Thank you for your insight and exactly the info I was looking for. As you know, driving in the summer monsoons here can be treacherous and the last thing I want to deal with is a tire that does not handle water well. Plus, I'm finding the Baja Boss's around $400+ cheaper for a set than the Nitto's so that is a bonus.

Thanks again!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am leaning pretty hard toward the Toyos but these are close behind. I still have like 30-40k miles left on my current tires so idk why I'm doing this to myself lol

AJB-74

Reaction score
Awesome tire so far. I haven't gotten into any mud but they are fine in the rain. Road noise is surprisingly minimal. It was between these and the Ridge Grappler for me as well and I'm glad I went this route.... Everybody has the Ridge Grapplers. Plus these have a treadlife warrenty and are 3PMSF rated for severe weather.
What size are you running? I'm tossing up putting 285/60R20's of these on to replace my KO2's ...

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I'm running the stock 285/45R22 size on my pavement princess, and couldn't be happier. She's never going to see any kind of trails, so they're were just for look. Probably have about 1500 to 2000 miles on them and they're awesome in rain. The only noise I hear is the sidewall grabbing when the window's down and I'm making a turn at low speed. I did put the OC3 on my wife's GC, they're nice but these are SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread