5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelin Defender LTX M/S

Dyarbrough

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these tires? I'm considering these tires as 70 percent of my driving is on road. I'm a realtor and I drive clients around, and do not want alot of road noise. Most of my offroad driving is on the beach, but I do make the occasional trip to Colorado in the winter, and mostly dirt roads and open pastures. Thinking that these would be a good choice for me. Anyone have any input on these.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a set of these, very quiet and good in the snow. Mine are E rated 275/70 r18

jimchi

Reaction score
I have LTX M/S on my '03 Explorer. Great tires on the highway and in the snow.

FYI, Consumer Reports rates the Continental TerrainContact H/T higher, and the Continental is about $60 cheaper per tire.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had/currently have the LTX M/S on my '14 Jeep GC and '17 Jeep GC. I would definitely buy them again on that vehicle. Not sure on the Pickup though.

taz2016

Reaction score
Had LTX M/S on a truck and Defender version on my wife's CRV and Dad's Sienna van. Excellent on all three.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve ran these on my last two Ram 1500s and now my current Ram. I also ran them on our 2500 and they are the best tires for the money. Quiet, superior ride and longevity. I’ve ran them from Texas to Michigan in all types of weather and they perform.

Last edited:

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I have these tires on my wife's Grand Cherokee and am very impressed. I was going to get these on my Ram but wanted the more aggressive look of an AT tire.

You will not be disappointed with the Michelin.

silver billet

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Michelin, just put these exact tires on my truck few weeks ago. They are better in the snow than the stock Goodyear, nice and quiet too.

Anchor Down

Reaction score
I've been using them since 2014. When I purchased my 2020 Laramie, I couldn't get to the tire dealer quick enough for my new 20s. Best tire I've ever experienced. Quiet, smooth, and the tires are doing great now with snow in Ohio.

TVS1461

Reaction score
How is the ride with the Michelins in the E rated 10 ply. I will need tires soon and want to go to a 295/70 18 but I don't want a very harsh ride. I don't tow and never off road. Its down to the Michelins or Nittos which I can get in a SL not E load range. Any input gratefully accepted.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Michelin’s are the best riding tire I’ve owned. I’ve owned four sets of them on four different family Rams and they have all had a far superior ride and durability than the competitors. Go to www.discounttire.com and read the reviews.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you aren't leaving the pavement (or very little of it) then the Defender LTX M/S are IMHO the best street/highway tire. No issues during summer or rain and very good in the snow. I have these lined up for my truck to be put on asap compared to the stock.

Scram1500

Reaction score
How is the ride with the Michelins in the E rated 10 ply. I will need tires soon and want to go to a 295/70 18 but I don't want a very harsh ride. I don't tow and never off road. Its down to the Michelins or Nittos which I can get in a SL not E load range. Any input gratefully accepted.
The ride isn't harsh at all, I run mine at 40 in the front 34 rear. E rated tires get a reputation for a harsh ride because people drive around at 50-60 psi unloaded

Portercycling250

Reaction score
I’ll be putting them on my truck next season but figure I’ll at least use the stock Dueller tires this spring summer. Got my Nokian studded for winter and look forward next season to the Defender M/S.

Users who are viewing this thread