5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelin Defender LTX M/S

Anchor Down

Reaction score
I had their older version of just the Michelin LTX M/S 2. Best road tires I ever had regardless of dry/wet/snow/ice, lasted me 60k miles.
Totally agree 100%. I'm on my second set and will buy a third in due time.

GTLimited

Reaction score
I've had mine for ~27k miles. I've found them to be loud. Noticeably louder than my set of winter tires - michelin X-Ice.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've posted earlier in this thread. After racking up a few miles, on 275/70/18 E range LTX's, I won't be going with these again. They are wearing much faster than their other light duty sizes, and have cut some mpg due to their weight and rolling resistance. I may choose them again in C range if I get some 20" takeoffs in the near future.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mine for ~27k miles. I've found them to be loud. Noticeably louder than my set of winter tires - michelin X-Ice.
I totally agree with this. I've had Mich Def LTX tires on a 4Runner, a GMC Sierra, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and now my Ram 1500. Always liked them and remain very impressed with their handling of snow, ice, rain, light off-roading, etc but they are noticeably louder on this truck. Not sure if its the tires or the truck though. Never had the noise problem until the Ram.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I've got 55,000 miles on mine and they are around 30% so I ordered a new set today. Defender LTX M/S in 305/45R22 is backordered till mid November so I've got a bit of a wait.
They have decent traction still but I don't like running under 30% with the amount of rain we get in Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread